Build a mailing list? Want to blog for a living? Then you're gonna need some content. Find out where to get it and the best way to use it here.

What do you need?

PremiumMember
shawnaslater
Trust:

What do you need?

This is an open request to all of you, like me, who are struggling to make a living in a rapidly changing economy.

My background is one of being an Educator, a professional Web Designer and a corporate Instructional Designer. I would like to use my years of professional experience to directly help those who need the best instructional available to succeed.

What I would like to know from you is to learn what it is that you believe is keeping you from creating a successful personal business. It does not matter if it is technology, business information or personal development. My background is wide enough to encompass it all. But as any good Educator knows, you need to know what your student needs before you can provide it to them and since I can’t look you directly in the eyes to see your frustration and whether any of my suggestions are what you secretly want to know I am resorting to asking you in this forum.

I do not work for Mark nor am I a member of this great team and I have already made this request to the good people on the support team and it is at their suggestion that I am posting this request in this forum. I am simply an independent businessperson like you who has the desire to succeed and understands the frustration of not knowing how to succeed.

Let me know what you need, what you would want to know, to learn, to do, based on your failures. Failure is not an indication of your lack of self-worth. It is only an indication of what you need to work on to be better and we are ALL there.

So feel free to share what you want but do so with discretion.

I await your requests.

P.S. Those who make a suggestion and I decide to create the instruction will receive a copy of the final package free of charge.
http://mattiemaeletters.com - Tales from Gilded Age Chicago

dmcqpu
Trust:
What is it that I believe is keeping me from creating a successful personal business?

Not being good at writing.

I believe that if I was to learn how to write well everything would change for my personal business and life.
Don't just build a website... Build a Web BUSINESS
http://incomeautopilot.info

PremiumMember
shawnaslater
Trust:
Thank you for your reply!

I talked to my uncle who taught school and here is what he said:

Do you talk in short sentences?
Do you talk using simple words?
Do you talk clearly and distinctly?

The easiest way to begin to write well is to write just like you talk. Don't pretend or try to write like someone else talks.
Be yourself.

And then there is the oldest advice of them all: practice.

The long answer is being able to communicate is essential especially online where you don't usually talk to people.

We are experimenting with new means to communicate online using images and other visual forms, well mostly my uncle, and will let this forum know when we are in need of testers.

Thank you again for your reply!

Shawna
http://mattiemaeletters.com - Tales from Gilded Age Chicago

vivianr330
Trust:
shawnaslater wrote:Thank you for your reply!

I talked to my uncle who taught school and here is what he said:

Do you talk in short sentences?
Do you talk using simple words?
Do you talk clearly and distinctly?

The easiest way to begin to write well is to write just like you talk. Don't pretend or try to write like someone else talks.
Be yourself.

And then there is the oldest advice of them all: practice.

The long answer is being able to communicate is essential especially online where you don't usually talk to people.

We are experimenting with new means to communicate online using images and other visual forms, well mostly my uncle, and will let this forum know when we are in need of testers.

Thank you again for your reply!

Shawna

Best advice--and the only advice needed--when it comes to writing. Similar to what is found in If You can Talk, You can Write, by Joel Saltzman the best advice on writing I ever read. After following that, which you summarize so well, I've never had any trouble writing my content (or anything else, for that matter).

This topic was started on Mar 18, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.