Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What plugin for video popup player?

bencummings1
Trust:

What plugin for video popup player?

Hi,

I am looking for the wordpress plugin that Mark Ling is using to deliver the videos in AffilioBlueprint. When a link is clicked on, the video "floats" / popups up into a separate player. I have been hunting for available plugins or options for hours but am at a loss as to how this is accomplished.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best,
Ben
wollowra
Trust:
Mark uses Camtasia to record all his affiloblueprint videos.
At least thats what I think he uses..
Is that what your asking?

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

bencummings1
Trust:
No - if you click on the link to watch his video (I'm talking the 12 week course "AffiloBlueprint") a lightbox effect occurs in which the video pops up off the page and plays. Similar to the lightbox effect seen on some websites when you click on an image and it "blows up" in a separate window for you to see. I am looking for the wordpress plugin that does this.

Ben
faradina
Trust:
I haven't yet seen a WordPress plug in that can do that but you can do a search for video plugins at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/
bencummings1
Trust:
Yes, I already searched the wordpress plugins extensively. They all only limit you to YouTube.
wollowra
Trust:
If it is that important for you then Private message Mark and he will get back to you and you can come back here and share it with us.
Keep in mind he is busy and may be a couple of days getting back to you.

Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

jasondodd
Trust:
you could always upload your video to youtube first and then use one of the available plugins, failing that you might have to just look around for some javascript code that can do it - check out hotscripts.com
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: https://www.affilorama.com/premium

bencummings1
Trust:
I just thought I'd update everyone: after ripping my hair out trying to solve this problem, I found a solution:

It's a free wordpress plugin called "Shadowbox JS." It works very well and you can't beat the price:) It is very easy to use, looks great and will allow me to deliver ANY content using the lightbox effect I described above (video, images, even works with MP3)

Thanks for all your suggestions and feedback trying to help me solve this problem. Everyone here has always been helpful and very responsive. Keep up the good work!

Best,
Ben
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Ben,
Thanks for letting us know.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.