Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

What Is The Best Web Hosting Company?

sinatra
Trust:

What Is The Best Web Hosting Company?

I was about to subscribe to host gator,but after doing a bit of research on warrior forum i found a lot of complaints about it, I am unsure now which company to go with

most people say that host gator has slow bandwidth when people go to your website they have to wait for a long time for the page to loead which can steer away potential visitors

I don't know what to do now
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I have several sites with Hostgator. Been with them for seven years. I've never had much in the way of problems, and my sites are fast enough for me. Maybe there are some purists out there who can tell the difference, but I'm not one of them.

One thing I like: Their support technicians are actual nerds who know what they're talking about, rather than copy/paste robots. I can practically smell the coke and pizza when I get on live chat with them.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
This is a difficult question to answer. That's because there are many high quality web hosting companies across the Internet that are capable of delivering professional service to their customers. My list would be Bluehost, iPage, Webhostingbuzz, FatCow, and it goes on.....I hope this helps.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
1) I currently use HostGator, the service is ok, though I've found that the support peoples to be idiots when it's anything semi-complex =[ They break things more often than they fix things for me. Then again, all of the hosting support people of all the ones I recommend aren't great.
http://www.hostgator25.com <= They have a nifty affiliate program

I used to use HostMonster, but the didn't support PHP 5.3 when I needed it, so I left.
http://www.hostmonsterplus.com <== they also have one

I've used JustHost, they're cheap, not the most secure, and always want you to buy add-ons (that you really don't need)

GoDaddy... NEVER use them, EVER.

I would recommend them in the order I listed them, except GoDaddy who I would never ever recommend.
Last edited by matty on 16 Mar 14 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sinatra
Trust:
Now I am even more confused than before, what hosting service does Mark use?
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Mark probably has his own private hosting or VPS. He used to use Hostgator shared until he tried to send massive traffic to a video, and they didn't like that. (But we're talking Mark Ling sized massive traffic.)

To be brutally honest, this isn't the biggest decision you have to make. It may seem like it, but there are a great many other decisions that will have a bigger impact on your business. For the most part, a host is a host is a host.

The problem with asking the internet is that people are usually only galvanized to offer an opinion or a review when they've had a negative experience. Nobody starts a thread on a forum to say "I'm having an acceptable experience with Hostgator!"

But for the most part... that's what will happen. You will have an acceptable experience. Nothing to write home about. Nothing to complain about either.

If you DO have a terrible experience with any host you choose, it's not such a big deal to shift to a new host. If you're worried that might happen... sign up for month-to-month hosting. I'm still on month-to-month hosting, like I was when I said "hey, let's see if this affiliate marketing thing works".

When you're just starting out, you're unlikely to have many problems. You won't be getting THAT much traffic (like millions of visitors). You won't have THAT many demands to tax the knowledge of the tech support staff. It's useful to find a host that offers reasonable support (online chat) so if you do have issues with a Wordpress installation or something, they can help you out. But that's pretty low-level stuff for their support team, I'd expect.

I'd say just pick one and get on with business. This is the kind of "analysis paralysis" roadblock you need to kill quickly. Pick one and go! And like I said before... it's honestly not the biggest decision you have to make.

If that's not helpful, here's a thread from an Affilorama member who set up an affiliate site comparing hosting providers.
website-building/best-hosting-company-t25026.html

... he might be able to offer you some advice.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

sinatra
Trust:
Thanks alleta you've been helpful all the way, thank you for taking the time to reply twice, I know i must have caused you frustration
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
I just know what it's like to be paralysed with indecision, and then find out later on down the track that it really didn't matter and I was just wasting time. Hah!

There are some things that *ARE* worthy of this sort of indecision because they *WILL* affect your ability to be successful, and they *CAN'T* be easily changed later on. (Mostly, choosing the right niche to go into) -- but right when you're just starting out, choosing hosting is like choosing toothpaste. Different packaging, and everyone will have their preference... but it really all does the same thing, more or less.

Look for cPanel, live chat or phone support, under $10/month, and purchase month-to-month, and I imagine you'll be pretty much satisfied.

sinatra
Trust:
I agree with you on spending much time agonizing over what web hosting service to use I normally don't do that it's just i was browsing on warrior forum and stumbled upon a post that made me reconsider my options

Thanks again for your constructive criticism
sinatra
Trust:
hi aletta, why do you think purchasing month to month is better than purchasing a 1 year plan

you seem to know what you're doing so I would like to bother you again for some more info on this
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
I find there are ones which are really awful, then there are ones that are ok.

Support beyond the simplest things is pretty bad all around (in my experience).

I usually pay for 1 year at a time for the highest discounts. You should especially watch our during American national holidays like that deals day and Cyber Monday, where HostGator has 75% off and bargains are all around.

However, I wouldn't wait for a 75% off at this point, since that will be in 10 months or so.

They're mostly all fairly similar.
I think now HostGator, HostMonster, BlueHost are all owned by the same company. The latter two are for sure.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
why do you think purchasing month to month is better than purchasing a 1 year plan

Purely because you're undecided, and this is an easy way to mitigate that anxiety. If you sign up for month-to-month you can move if they suck, so you can stop tearing your hair out now over which one to choose.

You can date the girl before marrying her, to put it another way :)

You can give it a go for a few months and see if you're satisfied, and then switch to a yearly plan if you want.

qaymeias
Trust:
GoDaddy is pretty popular among online entrepreneurs..Speaking of hosting plans, I'd go for a 1 year plan. It frees you with extra cash to do other things.
http://7860cgjscobsan3qn8862dow2y.hop.clickbank.net/ Super Affilliate Handbook...The Bible of Affiliate Marketing

http://www.getresponse.com/index/kaymeis GetResponse...Email Marketing Made Easy

PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
No, no, no, no, no...

Never use GoDaddy for hosting, for domains, perhaps...
But never for hosting.

The thing GoDaddy is best at is advertising.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
In case you're still looking you should be aware HostGator is having a 50% off discount for 24 hours and is donating $1 of each sale to the Red Cross.

http://www.hostgator25.com

Hope it helps someone.
cecille.l
Trust:
It's really a matter of preference. Personally I prefer Hostgator. They are reliable and their customer service is better than other webhosts' I've encountered so far.

Like Aletta said
You can date the girl before marrying her, to put it another way :)
. LOL. Most webhosts offer monthly subscriptions so you can try them out for a month or two and see how it goes.

If you want to get started right away and have bought Affiloblueprint or Affilojetpack, then you can worry about the hosting later. Both courses come with free 1 year hosting. You can host the site first on Affilorama, and then move on to another webhost once you've decided which one to get. Or you can opt to stay with our hosting. Our hosting plans are renewable each year at very low prices.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

doublebonus10
Trust:
I think Bluehost company is better for Web hosting work. Yes. it is expensive but good working..
Offline Marketing Tips here http://offlinemarketingzone.com

tankctrlr
Trust:
No Hostorama is the best! Just kidding.

Seriously though $10-30 bucks to build a business! It's amazing to me I mean if you think about the tech going on and being able to make money from your home by selling goods and services to someone across the world, still fascinates me, or you could go build a brick-and-mortar business for I don't know $75,000+.

Pick one and when you start to get Mark Ling size traffic, just upgrade. We pay around $350+ bucks/month for our hosting and when we do better the cost will only go higher.

Get the website up! ;-)
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

amienj
Trust:
Hi Sinatra

To be really frank, I simply love this post :) - Thank you for asking a simple yet great question. It's helped me much. And thank you Aletta for such an amazingly sober response and the whole team for your great effort in taking the time to respond . I too was with Hostgator and then became deliriously confused because I saw so many other 'reputed' hosting companies out there - until a very wise human being came along and knocked some sense into my head - Here's the decision I took - Why would I want to give up my wife for someone else's wife when I don't even know her :) lol - I stuck with Hostgator ... and she's so loyal to me - Granted, I had to wait an extra minute or two for my supper on one occasion - so what !!! - When it eventually landed on my table - it was 'freekingly finger-licking' good. Warmest greetings to you all - Amien
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Hey Amien,

Funny you should bring this up. I am currently taking a "trial separation" from my wife of seven years, after she went out and messed around on me.

There was quite a large outage for quite a lot of Hostgator customers yesterday. Some sites were down for 18 hours. Mine went down, went up, went down, and I decided not to wait for them to sort it out. Got myself a cheapo backup hosting with Namecheap to use temporarily.

I don't really blame Hostgator. I imagine they did absolutely everything they could, as fast as they could. I feel especially sorry for the poor customer support team -- I saw the torrent of abuse on their Facebook page, and I'm sure that's just the tip of the abuse iceberg. But I just figured it was good to have a backup. A $5/month insurance policy.

I WAS planning to move back once everything was stable again (you know my wife and I.... we just have so many friends in common... ) but my new hosting appears to be slightly faster than my Hostgator account (my mistress is... uhhh... a better cook?). So I might stick with it for a little while and see how it goes.

amienj
Trust:
Hey Aletta

Oh my word ! Just yesterday and today I was ignoring my wife and was busy playing around with my new mistress, someone else's 'wife', Affilorama :) lol. So I was completely oblivious that my wife was misbehaving. Serves me right :)

But who are we to judge, I guess hey? I'm sure she'll come to her sense's soon and everything will be back to normal again. On the other hand, having a spare wheel, (in this case) might well be justified ... nothing wrong having two hosts seeing to our everyday needs.
mark schaaf
Trust:
I use 1 & 1, they have great prices and lots of things you can do with them that I am sure the others do as well but there system is very fast, you can update anything you want anytime you want.
Mark

stevegevans60
Trust:
I think the company that provide excellent features and good services and good business will be the best web hosting company. In business, the main concept that we kept in mind are how to maximize the profit of our business. The best hosting company should be reliable, use the different hosting options available, cost is not the only consideration for choosing the website. There are lot of web hosting company but use the website by looking at all the features of website hosting company.
coltonaron
Trust:
The selection of the best we are hosting is dependable on various things like backups to keep your files safe, unlimited disk space, top range control panels and advanced firewall for security of the servers. So, If it is satisfied these things, then we can select them.
DDoS Protected VPS
TCP Protected Proxy

heris
Trust:
Five Best Web Hosting Companies
- Dreamhost
- Hostgator
- Bluehost
- Linode
- A Small Orange