Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Using 1 domain for several products, each with a subdomain?

akius
Trust:

Using 1 domain for several products, each with a subdomain?

Hi guys there are lot of web hosting websites out there that provide lots and lots of subdomains so lets say I want to promote 10 products can I go like this.
product1.defaultwebsite.com
product2.defaultwebsite.com
product3.defaultwebsite.com

and by the way will Frontpage 2003 do the job or 2007 cauz I don't want to switch over to Dreamweaver.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
I would advise not to use subdomains for different products because google looks at it as one website..... it is a SUB domain of your main one. Just like a chapter of a book.

Why are you against dreamweaver?
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
I'd recommend getting different domains for different sites. They are only 7-8 bucks and will be well worth it in the long run.

Frontpage will do the job, but eventually I would recommend switching over to dreamweaver.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

akius
Trust:
I'm just goona go ahead start with frontpage 2003 and then switch over to dreamweaver in the summer when I got more time thanks.
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
As Sean and Adrian have said, it's really better to get separate domain names for different topics. You can definitely use the same domain name for promoting more than one product around a theme, however, it just depends on how you're wanting to build your site and promote products.

A lot of hosting packages will allow you to host multiple domains on the one web hosting package, so the only additional cost is for the domain names. As Sean said, they're not exactly pricey, so you may as well do it this way.

Hope that clears things up,
Mark
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

akius
Trust:
yea I enjoy photography so I'm going to have different stuff about photography in one website.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
akius wrote:yea I enjoy photography so I'm going to have different stuff about photography in one website.

Good stuff. Make sure to do proper research beforehand.... this is probably one of the biggest obstacles to newcomers in the market but will save you a lot of frustration down the line.
akius
Trust:
and what exactly do u mean when u say research.

I have done a little, tell me if I have got it right.
1. Thinking of making a website, ba.sically it has tutorials and blogs and archives but it will also sell my products if I do that then my site looks imprssive and people will believe in products more other than me just going out and promtoing my affiliates straight ahead.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
What I mean by research is the keywords searched, the # of times they are searched, what you are likely to make back from your efforts, etc..
PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
So you want to promote your own products? I don't quite understand what you mean in that last sentence. I don't know why you don't just promote affiliate products from the start.
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

akius
Trust:
I did I went to http://inventory.overture.com
typed in digital photography
and got
21387 digital photography book
4430 camera digital dummy photography slr
4274 digital photography review

that's not too bad is it.
akius
Trust:
though I still don't understand the keyword stuff and the search stuff too much but its only my second day.
When I first read it in the notes I was like ????What????
now few cowwebs are gone but no shine yet or not I expect any.
PremiumMember
chatyak86
Trust:
There is plenty of time to learn :)

Gather yourself a list of words that people search for then begin to write articles for those words.