Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Sidebar problem with Affilorama WP Theme

kahuna
Trust:

Sidebar problem with Affilorama WP Theme

I like the theme, it is clean and easy to work with however i am having a problem with my sidebar.

I have changed the color of the sidebar, and it works whenever I go to one of the pages I have produced, however it remains white for my home page which is my URL. So accessing my domain name. i.e. domainname.com gives a white sidebar, however when I click on a page link to go to say domainname.com/about the color shows!

I cannot figure out how to make my site look uniform with the same color sidebar on the homepage.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance!!!

Bert
PremiumMember
andrewshaf
Trust:
Bert,

I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure out a solution?

Andrew Ferguson
jeremylawson
Trust:
The Affiloblueprint Theme 1.0 applies to Wordpress Pages. As you follow through the lessons, you have been adding PAGES to Wordpress.

When you first install Wordpress and you go to your domain name (example.com) the front page will be a POST.

To make sure our front page uses the theme, we need to create a new PAGE to go on the front, then tell Wordpress to use this as our new front page.

As a quick hint, you change this in Settings > Reading > "Front page display": set this to A static page, and select the Front Page.

For more detailed instructions, please refer to the following lesson

Week 3, Video 2b (relevant information starts 15 minutes 58 seconds into the video)
hi guys!

kahuna
Trust:
Jeremy,

Thank you for such a detailed reply to my question.

Bert

This topic was started on May 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.