Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I change my hyperlink color?

ladykwak
Trust:

How do I change my hyperlink color?

I have been taking the Boot Camp Seminar and have been following the blog (flight Simulator Theme) Mark L. set up. My question is how do I change the color of the hyper links to get to Click Bank? The color that is there now, just gets lost in the page.

Please help
Last edited by michellerana on 15 Dec 09 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: improve title

gardenbella
Trust:
If you are using WordPress, then you can go to Visual, highlight the section where you want to change the color and then click on the button (letter A with underline) drop down menu and click on the color you want. You can also use the underline button if your link isn't underlined. Hope that helps. If you can't see the icon you may need to click on the button at the end of the line called "Show/Hide Kitchen Sink". Click on this to show the next toolbar.
ladykwak
Trust:
I want the color to be different on hyper links through a code based command. I do not want to have to make a manual color change each and every time I have a link.

What I want to know is: In the Flight Sim Theme, from the Boot Camp course, How do I change the hyper links to a different color so each link is changed through the code, and does not have to be done manually for each time a link is created?
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Ladyhwak,

then what you need is a change in the .css file (Theme->Editor). You'd want code like the following:

a:link {color:blue;}
a:hover {color:green;}
a:visited {color:purple;}

You can change the color names I used with ones that work for you, or, if you know the hex code of the color you want to use, you could use that, like thus:

a:link {color:#53AC59;}

If you add this in the CSS (or change it if it is already there), then you should get the effect you want.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

smp063
Trust:
Thank you for that. I was just going through the same process.
If it helps anyone have found chart for all html color codes
http://html-color-codes.com/
All you need to know when planning one of the most important times of your life http://www.squidoo.com/preparing-your-body-for-pregnancy

This topic was started on Dec 14, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.