Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

How do I add blog and twitter rss feeds to my website

nates450r
Trust:

How do I add blog and twitter rss feeds to my website

Im using xsitepro and i want to add my blog and twitter pages to my website
i think i can do this right?

i went to the rss feed wizard put in my blogs details (title-url-discription)
inside the rss feed box it said that the site (maybe url) could not be varafid the url of my blog was posted in the rss feed box i clicked on it and it opened and went to my blog. in the rss feed box..but im confused

then there was link to varafiy the blog or url i clicked on it and a page came up and said that the url or blog had been varafied.

but still the rss feed box did not show any content from my blog just the url of the blog
i am asking this question before i try the twitter page so maybe someone can help me figure out whats going on here

the blog is a blogger blog dont think that has anything to do with it though
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Make sure you entered a valid RSS feed. Also, make sure the 'Show ful description' or the 'Limit your Description to 100 characters' is selected on the Description section (Step 2: Style) of the XsitePro's RSS Feed Wixard.

You will not see the actual contents unless you publish your site or test your page using your browser.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

nates450r
Trust:
ya i know how to do that (use ther rss feed wizard) i guess the better question would have been.

"i want to add my OWN blog rss feed to my website" so what url would i add to the wizard so my blog wouls show up?
i have a blogspot blog and want to run it on my websites homepage

i figured out how to do the twitter one already.
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
To add an RSS feed for your site in XsitePro, you first have to create an RSS feed using the XML Syndication - Feeds Manager tool. You can access it in XsitePro through Tools > XML Syndication.

After creating the RSS feed, go to the page where you want the RSS feed (link) to be displayed. Right-click on the part where you want it to be positioned. From the right-click menu that appears, click on the 'Insert XML Syndication Link' option. Select the RSS feed that you created using the XML Syndication - Feeds Manager.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

wollowra
Trust:
Blogspot only have atom feeds I think.
Just put /atom.xml on the end of your URL.
Then enter that into the RSS feeds manager.

The "insert XML Syndication link" is for you, for updating the RSS feeds of articles you have written and want to make available to others via rss.
Let me know if that works.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Feb 25, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.