Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Help! moving from Wordpress to Xsite pro...

PremiumMember
samuraix
Trust:

Help! moving from Wordpress to Xsite pro...

Hello all
I need some advice on moving one of my sites from wordpress to xsite pro. I built a quick site using mainly PLR content, I sent some traffic using PPC and made a few sales . Thing is, because of google's duplicate content filter none of my pages managed to rank. Since signing up for affiloblueprint I decided to take another stab at it, I'm going to rewrite each article, then move the content to xsite pro. Now here the question: using the same domain name, do I start from scratch creating new urls/pages or can I reuse the actual existing urls with the rewritten content? Would I be able to rank if I reuse the old urls?

Thanks in advance for your input!
wollowra
Trust:
Has your site been deindexed by Google?
If not, then that is fine, just change the duplicate content and the spiders will pick it up.
Also, why move to xsitepro when you already have a wordpress site up?

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
samuraix
Trust:
Thanks Troy,
I'm still in google's index but can't break 500 in the serps. I'm much more comfortable using Xsite-pro so it's really a matter of convenience for me. So you say If I match the urls exactly and move over to xsitepro, I shouldn't have a problem?
Garth
wollowra
Trust:
Correct.
All Google will see is your Content once they go to your URL.
So, if they spider your URL next week for instance, all they will see is fresh content.
Keep in mind, any ranking or pagerank etc.. etc.. may change as the relevancy of the content may have changed or it may not have. Also, if it's in a sandbox, then it may still be a while for the pages to rank.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
samuraix
Trust:
Thanks Troy, I'll get to work

This topic was started on Dec 15, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.