Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Fix My Mobile Usability Error

lloydc1c1
Trust:

Fix My Mobile Usability Error

Hi guys. I just recently logged into my Webmaster Tools account and I found a message saying that my site has a problem and I have to "Fix my Mobile usability". Can anybody please advice me on how to make my site accessible for mobile users.

Thanks guys
vivianr330
Trust:
lloydc1c1 wrote:Hi guys. I just recently logged into my Webmaster Tools account and I found a message saying that my site has a problem and I have to "Fix my Mobile usability". Can anybody please advice me on how to make my site accessible for mobile users.

Thanks guys

Usually they also include a link as to how to fix it, complete with the suggested code.
Site Admin
aletta
Trust:
Here's a helpful page of the things they're looking at:

https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 1188?hl=en

The most important step to becoming mobile friendly is to use a responsive layout or theme: "Responsive" means that if you shrink your window screen, your layout adapts to the smaller space. It's done by having different CSS styles for different window sizes.

If your layout does not currently do this, it can be difficult to add it in after if you don't know CSS. Your best bet would be to find a new WordPress theme (if using WordPress) or hire someone to adapt your layout to be responsive.

Instead of adapting the layout, some sites choose to have an entirely separate mobile version of the site, but I mostly see this on really big, big, big sites. For a smaller affiliate site it would be easier to just find a new theme or tweak your layout.
Are your changes not showing up on your website? Try doing a hard refresh! http://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/cache/

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
I agree what Aletta said, you must go with responsive website to have a mobile friendly website. Now a days, smartphone users count has increases, for that a mobile friendly website is a must have option for every online business solution.
For scoring with mobile websites, one needs to focus on.

Prioritizing features to be included.
User Centric Approach
Simple navigation
Content prioritization
Input minimization
Connectivity and speed considerations

As she(Aletta) said, you must hire an expert mobile web designer to develop a mobile friendly website which is good to increase your sales and revenues also. For further queries, feel free to discuss.

This topic was started on Feb 06, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.