Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Fastest cheapest effective landing page creator?

otherwhirl
Trust:

Fastest cheapest effective landing page creator?

Hi Guys,

Newbie here at a stand still trying to figure out the best editor (headache free...) to use creating my Landing Pages.

I have Kompozer, but haven't heard much about it on forums and clips on the web.

I just got accepted by my first CPA network and i'm itching to get going. I've heard conflicting opinions on whether or not to use the LP's provided by the Advertisers, but have a deep inclination most cases i'll want to create my own to have greater conversion.

Help!

P.S. I have a PC running XP, but much rather use a Mac compatible program
kjhosein
Trust:
Hi @Otherwhirl - My $0.02. I like Dreamweaver myself. I tried out XSitePro but didn't like a lot of the CSS support and the HTML code it generated. However, Dreamweaver does have a bit of a learning curve.

In general, despite how good WYSIWYG editors have become over the years, I still believe it's very important to learn the basics of HTML and CSS so you can understand the code generated and be able to quickly fix issues. It'll also help you become faster at building sites.

As for Kompozer, it's based on Nvu and is a highly regarded open source/free program.

Spend as little time as possible testing a few, then pick one, learn it and stick to it, at least for a while to get a return on your investment in time.

Cheers!

_KJH
otherwhirl
Trust:
Thanks KJH!
I realize my post maybe inappropriate for this particular area of the forum. I'm just driving myself nuts looking for the BEST way to take off without having to learn another website application.

I'm just getting the hang of Kompozer, but having been hearing great things about it concerning affiliate sites.

At any rate, thanks once more.

OW
kjhosein
Trust:
Otherwhirl wrote: I'm just getting the hang of Kompozer, but having been hearing great things about it concerning affiliate sites.

At any rate, thanks once more.
OW

You're very welcome.

BTW, to me, that's a bit of a strange comment regarding Kompozer & affiliate sites. I haven't used Kompozer/Nvu in a while, but when I did, it was a straight-up HTML editor, no more. It 'knew' nothing about affiliate sites or any other site for that matter, and had no built-in tools to help someone create a specific type of website.

Ok, just looked and it still doesn't seem to: http://kompozer.net/features.php

Now, XSitePro on the other knows that its users are big into creating affiliate sites, so it has quite a few tools to help them do so. At any rate, I still maintain that it's good to get know the underlying HTML and CSS at least at a basic level.

Cheers!

_KJH
wollowra
Trust:
Yeah, Have to agree with you there KJ.
Xsitepro is good for people who don't have the time or maybe the smarts to learn
dreamweaver etc...
If you want a good website builder for your affiliate sites when first starting out,
then Xsitepro is the way to go.
It will definately help if you know a little basic HTML stuff.
Here is a good site for HTML learning..
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/

I think you just need to get in there and do it so to speak.
If you make a mistake, well you own that mistake and will learn from it right?
Like Nike say's 'Just do it' . lol. hmmm did I just infringe on a trademark...lol
I better hide before Nike finds me..lol

Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

aikipad
Trust:
Hi all
I'm definately a neebee and have next to no idea on how to use kompozer is there a tutorial here I could watch. Thanks for your help enjoying being a member of this site.

Pad
Learn aikido
http://learnaikidosite.com

kjhosein
Trust:
Google is always your friend for stuff like this :-)

-http://www.google.com/search?q=kompozer+tutorial
Last edited by ampie g on 15 Mar 10 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: delinked url

excited21
Trust:
Hi there Wollowra

Thank you posting the http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/ link It has certainly answered some questions for me

Regards
wollowra
Trust:
Yeah, it's a good resource.
There are a few more around but this is a good one to start with.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
sarahrjhall
Trust:
Hi there, so if you have a mac like me, then is it best to use Kompozer? Or is there now some other resource that is better and more like Xsite Pro? (which doesnt work on a Mac).
I am a newbie!
tks - Sarah
marioelzen
Trust:
Newbie here.
I see many web designing products that have been suggested. What about webnode.com. Any comments on this product as it is free?
Love to get Xpro but still pricey with all things considering and present situation.
Comments are welcomed.
Thanks
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Mario,
I haven't used webnode but because you can not afford xsitepro then I suppose Komposer or webnode are your choices.
There are a few others around but I think these 2 are pretty good from just a few minutes looking at them.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

lupita
Trust:
Hey!
I think form creator is the most free, easy and convenient.
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Lupita,
This is a web form generator, not a site builder.
Also, it is not free, it is just a free trial.
But thanks for contributing to the forum.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

fenway2k
Trust:
As a newbie myself, here's a bit of practical advice for all other newbies:

Patience, my child.

While I can appreciate the gung-ho attitude, please remember that Rome was not built in a day and neither will your affiliate empire. The biggest reason being the time it is going to take to LEARN how to build an affiliate business.

It is impractical to think that you are going to find point and click methods for every aspect of your business. It is your business and your results will have a DIRECT correlation on how much time you invest in yourself. At the very least, you should learn HTML....then your choice of editors will just be about what you prefer. I personally use Dreamweaver simply because it's the best and I don't have to worry about any limitations I sacrificed because of price.

You are not going to get anywhere as a newbie with the knowledge you currently possess. You owe it to yourself to learn about building websites, SEO, traffic and link building, as these are the nuts and bolts of your business.

Failing to do so will cost you thousands at the hands of unscrupulous marketers who promise point-and-click, overnight riches and 100% of the time will fail to deliver.
vertrees87
Trust:
Hi all, I too am a newbie and would just like to say up front, thank you for all of the good comments and advice. I have enjoyed reading them and learning from them.

I agree with fenway2k, This type of site will take a lot of work and a lot will have to come straight from us, I did not start this for a get rich quick income (although it would/will be nice, if/when it happens), I got into this because I have been without a job for over 3 yrs. and needed an income. I knew when I first watched the videos on this site and listened to Mark Ling, this was where i needed to be to make myself a job. I too was getting all wound up over needing an income and not having one. I had to just slow down, get a grip and start listening, reading, researching and before i knew it I was here.

Anyway, although this is new for me, I took a leap of faith and have enjoyed learning how to do something new, I knew it would not be easy, but working for something, is usually more rewarding.

Good luck to everyone, especially all the newbies.

Just think, if we all work hard, eventually we will no longer be newbies, we will be better than we were, I know I will.

Debbie
jay3
Trust:
Hey,

Have been looking for something similar to get my feet wet with cpa marketing as well and found Instapage at http://www.instapage.com/

Looks like it comes with an "on the fly" design interface and automated split testing.

Anyone tried it out?

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

mark schaaf
Trust:
I played around with dream weaver a little and seemed a little complicated so I did some research and found a company called Serif who has a great web editing program called web X. It is about half the price of dream weaver and fairly simple to use, they just came out with a new version called web X 6 that you can drag and drop items to make a page any way you want. They also have quite a few good template designs as well if you don't want to build a site from scratch.
Mark

jakedrake333
Trust:
I was immediately sold on Unbounce when I saw their landing page editor. A robust What-You-See-Is-What-You-Get (WYSIWYG) editor that requires no prior knowledge of HTML. An even greater feature is their complete landing page templates that are available for your use. You can start with an Unbounce template, which are designed with best practices in mind, and easily customize it with your school header, logos, and colors to achieve the same look and feel of your current site. An added bonus is that you will not need to involve your already overworked technology staff in this part of the process.
miranda1
Trust:
Easy WebContent is the site builder that I use. It’s simple and easy to understand. There are numerous features that builders can utilize like photo editor, videos, and more. I like the level of customization that I can obtain with their product, and also the SEO options that they provide. It’s just a little box that you input words into, but it can really make all of the difference. It allows me to customize the key words for each page, and all without downloading a single tool. It’s based online, and can be accessed anywhere.
They also provide an HTML editor that has many of the capabilities of the site builder, but it allows you to edit current or existing web content on your site. This tool is also very useful.
Overall, I’ve found Easy WebContent’s system to be very helpful, reliable, and simple.
www.easywebcontent.com
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
Kudos to Fenway2K!

Please think about the title of this thread: Can the "Fastest" and the "Cheapest" also be the most "Effective"?

Do you think professionals buy and use expensive tools like adobe Dreamweaver because they like to spend extra money and enjoy non-billable time climbing the learning curves?

Professionals choose and use professional tools because they are the "best of breed" and produce the best results. They realize that there are minimum prices to be paid for success (in terms of money and learning time) and not all shortcuts lead to their desired goals.

If you can find tools that work as well as pro tools, for less money and less learning, more power to you. And, of course, new tools do come along which are better than the old ones - and we all like to hear about those.

Just realize how unlikely it actually is the the cheapest and fastest really gives the best result. Not impossible, but improbable. And businesses DO operate on the "Triangle Principle"

[Feel free to copy my image to show to your clients who "demand it all" :o) ]

Hope this helps...
_jim coe
aou83
Trust:
Otherwhirl,
Did you http://www.Pagewiz.com ?

This topic was started on Apr 03, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.