Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Do You Need Someone to Build Your AB/AJP Site?

lyndaj
Trust:

Do You Need Someone to Build Your AB/AJP Site?

Below is a copy of what I wrote on the Affiloblueprint forum thread, "Affiloblueprint Success Stories", after Shalisha posted her success story there about a week ago.

"If you are serious about affiliate marketing and need the best possible advice, guidance and help with your sites then you should seriously consider contacting this lovely girl.

Shalisha's caring, professional attitude, knowledge, and quite frankly....awesome talent.....will astound you! She can do anything, and does everything exceedingly well! It would have taken me weeks, if not months, at the rate I was going, to do everything Shalisha did with this first site of mine...in just one week! She didnt just plonk it all together either. She is a true perfectionist so everything is, and was done, with the utmost care and attention to detail. Her talent as a writer, well, I cant possibly rave about it enough. Im not a writer, but I am very fussy. I know the difference between a good article and a great one. Shalisha only does "great"!"

I'd read many of Shalisha's posts over the past 8 months so while I didnt know her, I had a good feeling about her. When she indicated in a recent post that she might be available to do link building etc I contacted her immediately. That was 3 weeks ago. I dont think one day has gone by where we havent been in touch. She works tirelessly day in and day out and keeps me up to date on absolutely everything.

I wish I had a snapshot of my site so you could see what it looked like 3 weeks ago. There is still more work to be done but there is just no comparison! There were only 15 terrible articles and no affiliate links or graphics etc.

Have a look at the site (URL below) and see, amongst other things, what a talented writer Shalisha is. Several weeks ago outside commitments were taking up a lot of time so I rushed out and hired a very expensive writer which was an extremely costly mistake, but lesson learned. The articles that woman sent me were horrible! I did the best I could to fix them up and published 15 just to get something on there. Shalisha did wonders with them but you can only do so much with garbage....just look at the articles she wrote from scratch. There are others, but the first 8, including the product reviews, are all her own work. I am definitely having Shalisha perform her magic on all my sites!

http://www.bestobediencetraining4dogs.com/

You can contact Shalisha on her website to see the different services she offers at:
http://www.nichewebsitebuilding.com/
kakaboo
Trust:
Well, I'm not really interested right now but I would just like to point out that the payment packages seem to be a little bit unclear.. (since there may come a time in the future when I need them)

"1 Article - 500 word "
"Link Building per Hour"
"Keyword Research per Hour"
etc

I have no idea what they mean and what I would be going to get from each of these packages... 1 article -500 word???! Does that mean I only get 1 article of 500 words OR a blog site with 1 article on it already??

"Link Building per hour" Again.. don't really get what it means..do I just ask someone to do any link building I like for an hour.. or?

etc.. I am sure you get the idea
lyndaj
Trust:
Hi kakaboo,

You should contact Shalisha directly with your questions. There is a contact form on her site. http://www.nichewebsitebuilding.com/

Cheers
Lynda
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Lynda,
Just a little tip for your site... On the left navigation menu, the font is bold and hard on the eyes.
I would change that to a normal readable font, maybe a 12 pt.
Just my 2 cents.
Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

lyndaj
Trust:
Hi Troy,

Now that you mention it...... :) Thank you for pointing that out, I really appreciate it.

There's a bit of a mystery though. I originally had the sidebar text size set at 18 and the article panel 16, so it looked OK then. However, the text size of the articles suddenly changed at some point over the last couple of weeks. I didn't go into admin, I just assumed that Shalisha must have thought it was too big and made it smaller. However, when I checked just now it doesn't look like she has. I'm sure its still the same font style as well. I only use the fonts that Aletta and Mark suggest in AB so nothing fancy, and the text size is still set at 16?

Anyway, I tried 12 for the sidebar, but it looked SO tiny! Tried 14, and it still looked too small. Its 16 now and still doesn't look right, but maybe I'm just used to it being so big and bold?

Thanks again
Lynda
wollowra
Trust:
Well in my opinion it looks better than what it was.
Have you tried 18 pt font but take off the BOLD?

T

-- Robert Brault

lyndaj
Trust:
It was 14 and not 16 after all Troy, (apparently I hadn't saved after preview) so I changed it back to 16 and took bold off. Much better! Thank you.

If you get a chance Id be grateful if you could have another look at it. Thanks :)
wollowra
Trust:
Looks ok, Check out Mark's site, http://www.wowblackbook.com/ for comparisons.
You can also submit your site for review in the forum once you think it is all up to scratch.
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

lyndaj
Trust:
Hi Troy,

It does look just "OK" and isnt quite right yet, but I'll get there. I will submit the site for review when its ready. Thank you again for your help and advice.

Lynda
PremiumMember
leckya
Trust:
Can someone please look at my site - I havent made a cent since I started, I have worked on it everyday, but I must be missing something. Please help I am ready to throw my computer out the window.
puppydogexpert.com
Thanks
Adie
wollowra
Trust:
Hi Adie,
Please create a new post about this in the affiloblueprint or affilojetpack forum for a site review.
That way it is separated from this thread and will be noticed more.
Thanks. :)
Regards
Troy

-- Robert Brault

This topic was started on Nov 14, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.