Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Create RSS Feed for WordPress Static Pages

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:

Create RSS Feed for WordPress Static Pages

I have asked in several places within the Forum and the Blog about creating an RSS feed in my AB 2.0 WordPress Theme website. Replies have been mixed, with the general feeling being that it cannot be done but that it might be incorporated into the next version of AB (which suggests that it can be done!).

I have uploaded the Marios Alexandrou RSS Includes Pages plugin, which seems to offer the exact capabiltity I need, but no RSS button shows on the site. In one Forum staff response the comment was made that the button has been disabled for simplicity.

So, putting 2 and 2 together and perhaps making 5, my question is: Can I re-enable the RSS button capability?

And the second question is: If so, how?

Please can a ''techie'' give me a positive answer.

Thank you.

Kieran
Kieran

www.moneymakingbuzz.com - the Key to Online Wealth
www.buildthingsdirect.com - the Top Site for Home Improvement Projects

PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
Hi Kieran, here's a link that will help you how to do it:
http://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Fe ... t-in_Feeds
(check out Adding Feeds and Adding Graphics to Feed Links)
PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
Hi Ampie

Thanks for your advice. I followed the link, changed the php setting in the AB Theme and added the graphics for the button.

I've now managed to get a (very small) RSS button but no feed from the site yet. I'll keep trying!

Best regards

Kieran
Kieran

PremiumMember
kieran
Trust:
To anyone who has been following this thread, there is a full solution in SEO - Does the AB Theme have RSS Capability.

Kieran
Kieran

This topic was started on Nov 16, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.