Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Page Rank Details

jjmags1219
Trust:

Page Rank Details

Hello everyone, can anyone please share their thoughts on the following:

1. If your website is ranking (not necessarily on page 1) , does it follow also with the page rank? Page rank should also increase?

2. Or if you have greater number of backlinks, then the page rank should also increase?

Thank you.
Cheers!

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

Having your site rank well for specific keywords does not necessarily mean that your site would also increase in PR. That would depend on a number of factors such as the keyword, the content of the page, the content of the site, the competition, etc.

Having quality, high PR backlinks does increase your PR though.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

burkhardt5
Trust:
Hello

A webpages PR can go up and down over time not only because of the PR of the backlinks but also the type of site that the backlink is comming from.

From what I have learned, Google takes several factors into consideration when passing on PR from one page to another such as relevance and quality of content. If this is correct then you may get a link from a page with PR of 5 but if it is not relevant to your page, it may only bennefit you as a PR 2 or so page.

I am not sure if this is 100% true but with Googles lattest changes I would not doubt it.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

mark schaaf
Trust:
I have seen many sites on page one in google that are maybe a pr 3 that are higher up on page one then a pr 6, I think a lot has to do with the page itself, I think a home page more often then not will have a higher PR then it's inner pages because most sites first try to get there home page ranked first because from the home page people can learn what the site is about and find the other pages from there. It also has to do with the quality of the article on the page and links to the page.
Mark

burkhardt5
Trust:
Hello all

Mark is spot on.

I don't believe that the PR of a page has much effect on rankings at all. At best it might be a tie-breaking factor between two pages.

Googles lattest up-dates have shifted most factors of ranking from what they once were. The only factor that seems to be the same is quality in-coming links but that does not mean that the PR of a link page makes that much difference.

The relevance and quality of the pages content seem to be the most important factors when Google rates the quality of a link. Easy to get links like from a link directory are now considered to be very, very low quality for example.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Nov 28, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.