Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Making SEO Work for You is not Exactly Rocket Science

daljeet.kaur
Trust:

Making SEO Work for You is not Exactly Rocket Science

In today’s digital world, being found by major search engines can be the difference between success and failure. Although there are set guidelines for SEO, in many cases it has been found that strategies that work for one may not work for the other too.

The fact of the matter is that implementation of strategy acts like thin line between success and failure of SEO. Here are some tips that will put the power of SEO to work for you and provide you with a key advantage over your competitors:

· Rather than concentrating on main pages of your website, you should optimize the whole website. The incomplete optimization is one criterion that limits the potential traffic thereby creating hurdles in growth.

· Expand your focus to other forms of traffic like referrals, direct and social. In this modern era, relying solely on search would not give you any traction. By focusing on overall web presence of your website you can direct traffic towards your website from all possible directions.

· Linking strategy is the holy grail of SEO and it puts a huge impact on your PageRank as well as search engine ranking. You must ensure that the internal links are useful for users and provide some value to them. The same is applicable for external linking where users must check relevance and domain authority of the website.

· Don’t forget to optimize images. Using alt tag, you can optimize the images to make them SEO friendly.

· Do not share content just for the sake of it. It is biggest mistake you can make while engaging in social media optimization. While sharing on any social network you must focus on user engagement that can offer you leads and enhance overall brand image.

Understanding and turning search engine optimization (SEO) into a competitive advantage is critical for all organizations, especially those eager to outpace their competitors using technology.
jkhattar92
Trust:
Great post,

I am just starting SEO in the next few weeks and this is an excellent article to read before I start grouping all my thoughts to put them to work

Thank you Daljeet :)

All the best of luck to you!
daljeet.kaur
Trust:
Thanks for the appreciation. Looking forward to see more replies and discussion :)
zarine
Trust:
I am reading these kind of articles from last seven years.All people share these strategies not their success how they did to get ranking and which techniques worked for them.
Hire Wordpress Developers at competitive price @ https://www.thinsquare.com/wordpress-development-services?v
Give a call on Toll Free No - +1-800-901-0403

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
The points above discussed are the actual plans and strategies we are implementing for our clients' projects. These strategies have made our SEO projects work successfully.
It depends how you are implementing all these things.
No doubt, everyone is applying the same strategy in any website SEO. The only which makes difference is how you implement them. Suppose, if we talk about improving backlinking strategy of website, mostly SEO's prefer social bookmarking and directory submissions to increase backlinks which is totally wrong approach. I highly recommend to have less but quality backlinks to the website.

This topic was started on Mar 25, 2015 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.