ChristmasSignup to View
Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Having a Ezine-article badge on your website

viz.patel7
Trust:

Having a Ezine-article badge on your website

Hi Everyone,

I just was just browsing through ezine article and came across banners on their resource section. Banners that say "expert author". I was wondering if its a good idea to put that on my site. will that give my site a good credibility as an author? Is it advisable to have it?

Would really appreciate your help! Thanking you in advance

cheers
Vishal
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hello Vishal

There are a few things to think about if you wish to put a badge on your site. First of all, putting a badge on your site is inviting people to leave your site to read your other articles instead of to your affiliate offers. They may read some of your stuff and then come back but they may not.

Also when you have many websites you may have many articles that have nothing to do with the niche that your visitor came to see and they will leave.

If you are in a niche that has to do with writing, then this might be a good idea but you don't want your visitors leaving your site except to go to an affiliate offer. If you want to show your great articles, re-write them and make them an part of your site as long as they are relivant.

In my opinion articles on other sites should be for people to get to your site and not the other way around.

If you want to put a badge on your site just to let people know that you have writen lots of good stuff that may be ok but I would not make it a link to another site and you should think of how people will respond to the badge. Will they see it as bragging? Do they really want to read more stuff? Depending on your niche, do they even care about your writing skills? (I don't mean to sound harsh).

Think about if it would really help your site and your sales. If you think yes then try it, you can always take it off latter. I don't think it would help too much in most niches.

Never Give Up!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

viz.patel7
Trust:
Hi Paul,

Thanks heaps for your opinion! It makes very clear sense and I totally agree with you their, didn't think that far. Really my site is for the affiliate program. I will just leave the badge. Once again thanks for your help.

cheers
Vishal