Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

Do You Comment On eZineArticles To Build Links?

mindybenkert
Trust:

Do You Comment On eZineArticles To Build Links?

I have just gotten started in affiliate marketing and I'm trying to figure out link building. What you should do and shouldn't do.

Does anyone comment on articles at EzineArticles? Articles related to your niche.

I think I am spending too much time over analyzing what I should do.

How do you guys go about link building. I'm not that great with words, so sometimes I just sit here trying to think of something relevant to even post. I waste so much time.

Thanks so much!

Mindy
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Mindy,

I don't do this particular link building method. I think it's best to submit articles to eZine so you can share your content and get the article syndicated. Participate on forums and blogs instead as there are more people on blogs and forums, than on eZine and other article directories.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

tankctrlr
Trust:
Right now to be honest, "link-building" has changed for me I don't build links to my site the way I used to, and when I do it's NOT for getting link juice or page-rank, it's only for branding and getting clicks from people, it has nothing to do with ranking pages in Scroogle but getting clicks from links on any site I can put them on.

So that would be forums, comments, e-mails, social media, and web 2.0 sites.

Having said that, when we post a article to our blog it gets indexed and ranked pretty good, because of domain age and authority mostly and not links, plus the content gets shared a lot, and it ranks naturally because of that.

There's just one problem, your content needs to be really good, and that takes a lot of time and effort.

I wouldn't put links on Ezinearticles, they are most likely No-follow, but I would test if putting links there would get CLICKS to my site, it might be worth a test. Right now forums are better, for example I'll get a bunch of clicks to my site from this post. ;-)
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

daljeet.kaur
Trust:
Ezine articles can never be the only option for blog commenting. This website is good for submitting articles and provide very good and relevant content.
you can also go the various other options like :-
-> forums discussions and blog commenting:- It should be effective discussion and commenting

-> You can do blogging with targeted keywords and from there you can get good back links
burkhardt5
Trust:
Hello all.
As Andrew stated, links on article sites are mostly No-Follow so they will not give you any help in rankings and even before they were No-Follow they were not very strong links anyway. If you are going to put links on article sites they will basically only be good for the occasional click to your site.

You will have to write and spin many articles to get any kind of volume of traffic so it takes quite a bit of work but if you write very high quality content people will read it and some will use it on there own sites and blogs along with the links to your site which will bring you traffic.

This is an "old school" method of getting traffic which can still work well today but you have to get lots of articles out there and they MUST BE HIGH QUALITY or else people will NOT read them to the end ( where your link usually is) and people will NOT use them on there sites and blogs so you will be just wasting your time.

I am all for using articles for long term traffic but you could have hundreds of articles published on article sites and only get a few clicks per month from them. This is why I only do article marketing to get traffic to my FREE blogs and landing pages. If you are paying for having a website hosted each month you will want to work on much higher traffic generating methods to make sure you are making sales to cover the sites costs for it could take a huge amount of articles to get enough targeted traffic to make regular sales.

Here is a list that I use when I use articles for my free blogs.
http://www.directorycritic.com/article-directory-list.html?sort=pr

But you should do fine just using ezine,buzzle,goarticles,etc. so also take a look at this list.
http://webmarketingtoday.com/articles/wilson-article-marketing-1/

Let us know how you do.
Never Give Up!!!!
Paul
Paul J. Burkhardt

This topic was started on Nov 13, 2013 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.