Want to work your way up in SERPs? Get and share ideas on link building, on/off page optimizing, social SEO and more.

article marketing

mark schaaf
Trust:

article marketing

I have been using article marketing along with other things to get my search results up and more back links however the only links I have been getting are the links from the articles I put up on E-zine articles and the people they share with. I sent in a few articles to article alley, article city, go articles, article dashboard, and about 5 others that I have read about here and on Marks webinars, I have added my web site to about 50 directories as well as D-moz, most of this has been over 2 months ago. Since I haven't seen any results from anyone other then E-zine articles should I do more with them and submit less to the other article sites. I know I want to send stuff to as many good places as i can to get good links but if I haven't gotten any from them and haven't been able to track them what should I do. I don't want to keep writing more stuff if the other places aren't doing anything with it if I can send in more stuff to E-zine articles where I know what is going on, thanks Mark
Mark

kragye
Trust:
Are you doing your article marketing manually and how many article directories have you submitted each of your articles to?
mark schaaf
Trust:
yes I am doing it manually right now but have been thinking about one of the programs that do it for me. besides the 10 mentioned in my question I think maybe another 15 or so as of now. it just seems odd that when I send in an article to E-zine articles and only a few days after the article has been approved and posted I have another link from them where as the others I haven't seen a thing even months after. I read a comment from someone in the forum that he used I snare and has yet to see any links from them. They are one of the sites I keep being told to send to but I worry sometimes about working on articles and sending them in to places that do nothing with them, I don't want to work for nothing. Mark
Mark

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Hi Mark. it can be really frustrating, and at first, when doing it all manually, article marketing can be a real pain. It will take months to get enough manual submissions to get traffic to your site.

First of all, I would recommend some kind of automation as soon as possible. There are some free submitters out there. They aren't great, but it would still be easier than doing things one at a time. Investing in a paid submitter or network would be better. I use AMA and Article Marketing robot. Ama submits to blogs and AMR submits to article directories. then, I pay someone to build Squidoo lenses and hubpages and other social sites for me.

Also, change the way you think about the sites you are using. Think of it as your own property. These sites have a lot of authority, which your site doesn't have. Rather than focusing your efforts on trying to get your main site ranking, do some link building to those other sites. One thing I did when I was learning SEO was to build Squidoo lenses and hubpages (before squidoo changed the game, and most of my niches were blacklisted). I focused on building links to those pages, and it gave me a boost to my confidence, because I knew if I could do it for those sites, I could repeat it for my own, it just would take longer for search engines to trust me.

I know it is frustrating, but don't give up. I had a long time where I had to do things manually myself. When I was doing manually, one thing that I did was focus on less sites, but ones with more authority. Those would be web2.0 sites, and the few high authority article directories. Choose 20-30 sites, and focus all your efforts on those sites. You need the IP diversity.

Also, since you are doiing things manually, maybe you would do better using some social sites, and using the social aspects of some of the web2.0 sites. they take time to use, but will work faster than waiting on search results.

Remember also, the search engines dont show all the links that they are giving you credit for. If you think about it, this is for your protection. if your competitors could see every link you actually have, competition would be even more bloodthirsty than it already is.

you may also try social bookmarking. bookmarking and blog commenting. Although it takes some time to do it right, and you have to engage the community, it can work faster than article submussions for seo.

SEO takes a lot of time to work, especially when doing it manually. it can take months and months to see any results, depending on the keywords that you choose. The good thing about it is, once you get a page ranking highly, it usually takes a lot less work to keep it up. Also, as soon as you can afford it, invest in some automation, so that you arent doing it all by hand.

The most important thing right now is to not give up.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

jacaranda
Trust:
Another motivating post from James, thank you in behalf of Mr. TS..

would you recommend for those using UAW to use AMA too? .. since AMA is for blogs and UAW is mostly directories or even if its on a blog, the link is still on the resource box, not in the article context.
newbie-friendly Membership site for Niche Marketing:

-> http://www.nicheproftclassroom.com/

stefan1601
Trust:
From my experiences, "several" articles are never good enough (unless you're extremely good with your kw research and find a very low competition kw). Even after you rewrite and submit all the articles in your site, you still need new one to sustain steady traffic and reinforce your link building effort
jhonson
Trust:
Article marketing is very helpful and important in SEO. it is really helps to get more more back links for your website and it is a great way to increase PR...
New jersey carpet cleaning

This topic was started on Dec 03, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.