Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Should I start with PPC first?

luisthehomie
Trust:

Should I start with PPC first?

HELLO FORUM I WAS WONDERING SINCE IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH SALE COPY AND WEBSITE BUILDING CAN I START WITH PPC GOOGLE ADWORD OR ADBRITE? IM NOT A NEWBIE IM JUST VERY SKEPTICAL ABOUT GOING ALL OUT I WANT TO START SMALL.....

A FEW OF MY QUESTION AFTER YOU FOUND A PRODUCT TO PROMOTE FROM CLICK BANK WHAT NEXT? I GET A HOPLINK THEN WHAT

ANOTHER ONE IS DO I GET A DOMAIN FOR THE PRODUCT OR SEE COMPETITION IN THE KEY WORD THAT MATCHES MY PRODUCTS ?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
luisthehomie wrote:HELLO FORUM I WAS WONDERING SINCE IM NOT VERY GOOD WITH SALE COPY AND WEBSITE BUILDING CAN I START WITH PPC GOOGLE ADWORD OR ADBRITE? IM NOT A NEWBIE IM JUST VERY SKEPTICAL ABOUT GOING ALL OUT I WANT TO START SMALL.....

Adbrite is cheaper than Adwords but many are saying that it is not context sensitive and you get low quality traffic from Adbrite.

You could also find some feedback on Adbrite on these threads:
Making money with 'Media Buying'
Adbrite SUCKS !!! Help me !!

If you want to start small, it would be best to go into PPC when your site is already earning organically. That way you could invest part of your site's income into your campaign. PPC is very expensive and it is expected that you will lose money at the start.

You might want to watch the free lessons on PPC through this link: https://www.affilorama.com/pay-per-click

luisthehomie wrote:A FEW OF MY QUESTION AFTER YOU FOUND A PRODUCT TO PROMOTE FROM CLICK BANK WHAT NEXT? I GET A HOPLINK THEN WHAT

After finding a profitable product from Clickbank, you promote the product on your site. Ideally, your affiliate links should be bold and obvious and should be placed above the fold of your pages.

luisthehomie wrote:ANOTHER ONE IS DO I GET A DOMAIN FOR THE PRODUCT OR SEE COMPETITION IN THE KEY WORD THAT MATCHES MY PRODUCTS ?

We don't recommend having the name of the product on your domain since it might have a copyright which will result in the suspension of your site.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
ppc is not an easy out to making money. it takes time and commitment to make a campaign profitable.

You don't have to be a copy writer or technically minded to make money online. Rather than burning through cash on PPC to start with, I would invest your money in a program like affiloblueprint, or Affilojetpack to get started, and learn the basics. Then once you are making some money, start trying ppc.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

sonitin
Trust:
I will go with James.. if really don't think you know enough about sales copy or website design then don't burn your reserves with PPC. Focus on organic search traffic or social traffic for a while and get a feel of things first.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

luisthehomie
Trust:
OKAY GREAT POINT guys. But is this the only way to do this with out a site? what exactly is the site about

my things and my biggest problem is building website for product could be confusing . i was thinking of making a squidoo lens for a page and using youtube for free traffic.example make like small 30 second video of the products im promoting
not exactly me in the video but word and pictures..
i would love to buy mark lings lesson but its a bit steep for me im on a budget
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
i like hubpages better than squidoo. Squidoo gets squirly about marketing products on their lenses. they have cracked down a lot on it over the last year.

youtube is a good source of traffic, but you don't want to rely on any one place.

you will have to write content, and post it on article directories and other sites.

you really need your own domain and hosting though. If you cant afford $10/month, then you are going to struggle to make anything work.

using free sites like hubpages and squidoo is putting control of your business in their hands. they can change one thing in their rules without warning and you are out of business literally over night.
Also, if you build up a website on your own domain, you have an asset that you can sell.

also, using the social sites to start, you can build a lot of traffic internally without building links. for example, i was on hubpages today, I commented on a dozen hubs, and spent about 45 min commenting in the forum on various posts. This will bring traffic through the links you create but it also boosts your Hub score, which is what they use to rank hubs in their internal search. when your hub score is high enough to get rankings for your hubs, you can get a lot of traffic to your offer through them.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

luisthehomie
Trust:
true but to write content and build a website landing pages i dont think i have the full knowledge of knowing how to do that yet i know a little bit of it
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
then, i recommend investing in training to learn how. The Affiloblueprint and affilojetpack are both designed to teach you how to build your websites with no experience at all.

If you are going to spend money on PPC, then I assume you have money to burn, because PPc will cost a little money before you make any, unless you are really lucky. Most people I know trying ppc spend about $500 or more before they tweak a campaign enough to make it profitable. It takes time, patience and an initial investment.

if you don't have any experience at all, investing in your education, rather than throwing your money away trying to figure it out for yourself is the best option, and Mark's training is the best that you will find.

it will also solve the other question that you asked in another thread about email marketing. his training will teach you both, and AffiloJetpack will give you a ready made affiliate site, with webhosting for a year. it is the easiest way to start with absolutely no experience needed.

PremiumMember
damian01
Trust:
Where can I see outgoing stats (impressions I've sent), as I can see regular stats of number of visits and from where the visits came? I use a WP blog. I hope someone can advise me on this.
All the best, DG
p.s. how to post a question as a new thread like on the regular forums?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally I use Google analytics to track my sites. its free, but it is pretty good to see how many visitors you get and where they are coming from.

PremiumMember
damian01
Trust:
thx jmpruitt, I already use it, but It doesn't show me the impressions I've sent to another site, just visits that came to my blog.
For example, I have a link on my blog that leads to a site I recommend, can I know how many of my visitors went there?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
you would have to have an analytics tracking code inserted on the merchant site in order to do that. however, if you are using clickbank, you can look at the hops there. by using a different tracking ID on each page of your site, you can track which pages are getting hops.

I know some people going so far as to set up a seperate ID for each link on a page to track that as well.

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
What about the site overlay in Google Analytics? Does that not show how many clicks each link gets? Or am I misunderstanding what that one shows?

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
personally I have found the clickbank stats more accurate than googles, but you can use that as well.

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
damian01 wrote:p.s. how to post a question as a new thread like on the regular forums?

Welcome to the forum DG :)

To post a new topic on the forum, you need to:

1. Log in to your Affilorama account and click on the forum tab.

2. Select the forum category (for example: Affilorama News, Affiliate Hangout ) that you want to post to and click it

3. When the forum comes up, click the button that says "*New Topic"

4. Put in the Subject of your post

5. Type in your question on the box below the subject

6. Click submit

Hope that helps :)
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

andyblack
Trust:
I started with PPC and have stuck with that ever since.

How did I learn with no budget? I offered my services to small local businesses... for free. They paid the Adwords bill, I managed the account. If it worked after 3 months then they paid me a Monthly Managed Service fee.

14 months on it's my permanent job, and I'm doing this "affiliate thing" in the evening with my own budget.
robinjackman
Trust:
yes you can start with ppc first but you should take care about daily budget.

This topic was started on Jul 11, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.