Struggling with Adwords or Yahoo Advertising? Find and discuss ways to improve your CPC, ROI or conversion rate. Get advice and share ideas on ad copy.

Commission Junction SID Tracking

seowork12
Trust:

Commission Junction SID Tracking

Hey all

i have a question regarding the CJ sid tracking
i have a landing page that promotes 5 products that are similar to each other 5 different affiliate links

i want to track the convertion rate of all these affiliate links as what keywords they are converting for etc

how can i dynamicly track the sids

how does this work for example can i do something like this to my link
link from my ppc campagn goes to my landing page with parameters in the url for example ?www.mylandingpage.com?campaign=ppc1&keyword=mykeword
then use the $keyword = $_GET['keyword']; etc in my page php code to add these parmaters to each of my affiliate links therefore so when they click the affiliate link will take the user to
affiliatesite.com/affill3453?sid=campaign+ppc1&keyword+mykeyword (the sid of this link will be dynamic with my varibles)

if so how will i then get data to see my keywords conversion clicks etc ? where will i view this information ? i know it wont show in my ppc account

can some one please explain as i am very confused

need to start tracking my convertions ASAP
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi seowork12,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post. You might want to go over the following post on how to add SID on affiliate networks like Commission Junction:

How to Add SID Tracking to the “Big Network” Affiliate Links

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

esolutions
Trust:
Hi,

You might also want to look into using something like the PrettyLink plugin for Wordpress or similar as you can setup your custom links with tracking, plus it also serves to clean them up for better clickthrough ratios.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

andlosek89
Trust:
cecille l wrote:Hi seowork12,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding to your post. You might want to go over the following post on how to add SID on affiliate networks like Commission Junction:

How to Add SID Tracking to the “Big Network” Affiliate Links

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

The post on shared link are really great for effective SID tracking. Thanks for the information.
eliomondello
Trust:
esolutions wrote:Hi,

You might also want to look into using something like the PrettyLink plugin for Wordpress or similar as you can setup your custom links with tracking, plus it also serves to clean them up for better clickthrough ratios.

Do you mean Pretty Link Lite 1.6.8 By Caseproof?

This topic was started on Aug 23, 2012 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.