Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

WordPress - All the posts in the first page.

rivael_il
Trust:

WordPress - All the posts in the first page.

Hello there,

When I open the fist page of my blog, I can see all my posts in it.
How do I prevent this?

10x

Michael
chettvq24
Trust:
If you go to dashboard>settings>reading and change it to a static page and select one of your pages. I think this should solve your problem.
rivael_il
Trust:
Thanks Adam Chettle!

That did the trick.
Now can you tell me how to fix the leyout of the 'category' page? several sections are overloaded.

Lechayim,

Michael
Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Hi Michael,

You may set the number of posts that appear in the home, category, author, and tag pages (or sections) at the Settings > Reading > Blog pages show at most.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

noitulover
Trust:
i have a question about affilorama program.. why do you recommend xsitepro/dreamweaver in creating websites and do not recommend wordpress?
milansangan
Trust:
noitulover wrote:i have a question about affilorama program.. why do you recommend xsitepro/dreamweaver in creating websites and do not recommend wordpress?

Hi,

Actually, using either Xsitepro or Wordpress is fine. The advantage of using Xsitepro is it has a lot of extra features that you normally won't find in the usual web design program but Dreamweaver, although powerful is not for beginners as this can be a bit complex. On the other hand, Wordpress is a free platform but it can be very bare and basic or not as complete as Xsitepro.
PremiumMember
ampie g
Trust:
noitulover wrote:i have a question about affilorama program.. why do you recommend xsitepro/dreamweaver in creating websites and do not recommend wordpress?

Hi noitulover, check out this video recorded by Mark a few months ago:
https://www.affilorama.com/blog/xsite-pr ... t-software
borry
Trust:
Hi Ampie

I checked out Mark's video, which you suggested above but after reading the post below, (which was posted by another forum member regarding another topic relating to Wordpress) I am now confused as to why Mark would suggest Wordpress as opposed to Xsitepro, especially seeing as though we are obviously going to use our sites for marketing purposes?

"I'd be careful with free hosting, because you'll run into a lot of the same issues as you would with a "free blog". In addition to those issue, you will usually have code added to your code that FORCES their advertising on your page, either through adding banners, popovers/unders, and similar annoying sell techniques that can 1) lead traffic away from your site in a way NOT controlled by you OR 2) cause the visitors to your site to quickly hit the back button".
faradina
Trust:
Hi borry,

There are actually two kinds of wordpress sites: those hosted on wordpress.com and those hosted on the site owners' own hosting services, which are at times referred to as wordpress.org sites, because the resources for the "self-hosted wordpress sites" can be found on wordpress.org.

The ones which are on wordpress.com are the free wordpress blog sites, although there are also premium wordpress.com accounts, and that is not what Mark suggests. The wordpress sites that Mark refers to are those which are hosted on the site owner's hosting service, or what we could call "self-hosted wordpress sites".

Basically, you would sign up for a hosting service and also buy a domain name. Then you would install wordpress on your site which is hosted on the server for which you signed up. You will then have your self-hosted wordpress site.

I hope that helps :)

This topic was started on Sep 28, 2010 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.