Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Would you use static HTML page or Wordpress ?

barefooted
Trust:

Would you use static HTML page or Wordpress ?

Hi there
I am all a bit new to the marketing game, I have some experience with web development but none in marketing. My question is a fairly simple one really .... What is better for creating a website ... static html page or wordpress. I have been building up my content and now i would like to get the site up and running as soon as possible ... but i would like to make sure that the site has the best possible chance of success (I have read that wordpress is good for google). I would be very interested to know peoples ideas on this ?

thanks for reading this

Kind regards
Sebastian
faradina
Trust:
Wordpress, of course.
You are right in saying "wordpress is good for google". Google just loves wordpress.
Aside from that, wordpress uses php scripting, which means that your wordpress pages will be dynamic and it will be easier to add scripting-based functions to it. All that without having to know how to write code.
barefooted
Trust:
Thanks for that, I will have a look into wordpress . Do you know off hand where I can find out how to set up wordpress to run as an marketing site (static site as apposed to a blog ) I know that there is the affilo premium has something but to be honest at this point in time I am a bit skint and cannot afford that cost

thanks

kind regards

Sebastian
faradina
Trust:
There is really no special process to it. The only thing you need to do is put your content on pages instead of posts and disable comments. That will make it look "static".
barefooted
Trust:
thanks for your time .. I have started to set one up now on mamp.
planetsurf
Trust:
Hi Sebastian
I set my first Wordpress blog up a couple of month ago, it's really quite simple. I had a quick look at youtube and there are severel tutorials on wordpress setup, this one explains how you upload and start
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nse3Gdt ... re=related

Best Regards

David

This topic was started on Nov 26, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.