Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

How To Get One-Cent Facebook Likes

tankctrlr
Trust:

How To Get One-Cent Facebook Likes

So I've been learning FB ads this past week and it's going pretty good, the main reason however for me running these ads right NOW is to build up the perception of having a huge "fan base", i.e. a lot of social proof.

Because the "gurus" will tell you that if you run FB ads for a FB-Page and it has just 500 or so likes, people will see it as being either too new (un-tested) or un-popular (does it suck? It must suck, only 500 people like it.).

So, in order to combat that I've learned that there are ways to build up your Likes for very cheap so that when you run your actual FB ads (the real ads to get leads, traffic to a site, conversions etc.) the people you target will see 5,000 - 10,000 - 25,000 likes and the perception of being "un-tested" or "sucky" is no more, the FB user now sees your ad and thinks: "if 10,000 people like this then well ok I'll see what they have to offer."

Here's how I am getting .01 cent likes:

Choose to get LIKES for your Page.

Next, it all comes down to targeting Audiences that have little competition i.e., Audiences that few else are going after. So that means targeting audiences of developing countries that still speak good English (or think they do), like India. To get cheap traffic you need to play where nobody else is playing!

The next thing you need to do is choose a topic that is again, where not a lot of competition is, now I have only done this with a few topics so it may be that you COULD actually get cheap clicks from popular topics so test it out. My target categories were Writing/SEO.

The next thing you need to know is that FB will charge you more for placing ads in places that are a good ROI, so in other words if the worst place for an ad to go is in the right panel (which it is), then FB will "sell" that spot for very cheap, SO that's what you want. The other ad spots are more expensive, so choose ONLY the Right Panel for running your ads to get cheap traffic.

Next is using as many Images as you can, you'll find that out of say 12 images (for 1 campaign) there will be 1-2 that do the best, I get rid of anything that isn't performing at .02 per like or below (yes you can get likes for cheaper than .01 cent!). Test your images you'll be surprised at what works and what fails, it helps to know your audience.

Next, use Optimized CPM (Cost Per 1,000 Impressions), let FB get the Likes for you. What will happen is, FB will determine what ads/images/copy gets the best CTR/Likes and will run those more (believe me the traffic is huge it's insane how many people are on FB, all day long) so you just need to watch the ads and see if the cost is what you want it to be (.01cents per like). Delete/Pause any ads that go over your ideal cost.

Next is your copy, I like to ask questions and then have a CTA to Like the page. You have all seeing those ads that ask something like:

Do you like bacon?
Click LIKE if you like bacon!
Like.

Pretty dumb but guess what, they work you'll get 1,000s of likes to your Bacon fanpage pretty fast lol

So 1,000 likes at .01 cent per like = $10 bucks.

Remember these likes (depending on your audience/category choices) are going to be almost useless for getting sales/leads (not completely useless if you can think outside of the box with your offers), BUT that's NOT why you are getting these cheap Likes, you are building up the likes to display the high numbers on your future ads and anywhere you want to flaunt them (an e-book download page, blog, e-mail newsletter optin form, etc.).

At the very least you can run an ad and get the 25 likes FB makes you get before you can create a custom URL or see stats for your new page, all in just a few mins for .25 cents. ;-)

Any questions, I'm still learning but will try to answer the best I can.

BTW here is one of the campaigns:

Results, 4 days
1,497 - Page Likes
Cost - $0.01 per like
Total Spent
$21.09

https://www.facebook.com/NeedAnArticle
Like my Page if you like SEO, Writing or bacon... lol
Writing Services - www.needanarticle.com

tankctrlr
Trust:
Here's an update:

Ran for 7-days

Impressions

Clicks (to my FB feed wall thing)

Actions (Likes)

CTR
0.969%

Spent
$29.64

CPM
$0.13

CPC
$0.01

Facebook Advertising is only going to get more expensive as more and more advertisers figure it out; better start now and do what you can.

sinatra
Trust:
hey tankctrlr

Glad to hear you're thinking out of the box to get likes to your page,however, there is a better less time consuming way to get likes so that you build a huge fanbase that will ultimately turn future fans into sales, you can simply outsource likes on fiverr you can buy 15 000 up to 25 000 likes for just 5$ to a maximum of 20$ over a period of 5 to 7 days

you might wanna try it out it works

hope this helps
renaud.and.sarah
Trust:
If you are doing this to "build your brand" and get social proof building a facebook fanpage can be good.
However, this kind of activity doesn't directly impact your buttom line.

Meaning that it is not an income productive act...at best it is a hope that it wlll generate future sales.

If you use the same skill but apply them to get clicks to a capture page > then the offer > then an email followup sequence... you'll be making money tomorrow.

My 2 cents

Keep on keeping on
tankctrlr
Trust:
Yeah I know about buying fake likes but that's not how I operate (unfortunately lol), I try to play by the rules, it works out better in the long run usually. Plus these 'likes' are real people who are interested in what my pages are about, it started out as getting 'cheap likes' but I've got it going now to where the likes are actually targeted.

As soon as I can get my act together I anticipate doing more targeted campaigns, the serious stuff designed to get traffic, e-mails, sales. The cost per like/click etc., will be a lot higher but that's the PPC game, which is why I said to other forum members you really should get in this thing now while it's still cheap, some of the countries that were cheap are now more expensive at least for me they were when experimenting, I could have targeted people here in the U.S. for the same prices!

UPDATE:
Spending $1.00 a day. (1 Ad!)
1-cent per like.
80-100+ likes per day. (with good/ok targeting)
We probably will hit 10,000 likes and stop this campaign to do the more "serious stuff", involving our blog and newsletter. (Content Marketing, pushing content out through FB-ads.)

Here is the page everyone: (watch us grow or fail lol :-)
www.fb.com/NeedAnArticle

renaud.and.sarah
Trust:
Hey tankctrlr:
The cost per like/click etc., will be a lot higher but that's the PPC game,

I don't believe it is true. A click is a click for a fanpage or a website it doesn't matter. Sometime when I hit right on the nail after some testing I can get website click around $0.02 directly to a capture page.

What software do you use to extract your audience?
tankctrlr
Trust:
Good to know we can get lower prices! I'm definitely going to have to learn how, I know the basics I think. This 'cheap-page-like' campaign (which I got the idea from someone at the warrior forum) is just one of my firsts, just getting started, total noob here.

When I get going I hope to use my subscriber/member list and website visitor list to create custom audiences. I'm aware of tools that can extract ids etc., however like I said going to play by the rules, at least for the business I'm focused on right now, (link in signature).

It's my family business, my father is the creator/owner, my brothers work in it, and it has tons of internet friends that work in/on it, so I'm treating it more like a startup than a one-man affiliate business where you can be a lot more daring (and have all the fun), this applies to our SEO, and whatever else too.

Thanks for the help everyone!

p.s. I'm not sure where I read that using those kinds of tools is not allowed by FB, if I'm wrong please set me strait! ;-)

renaud.and.sarah
Trust:
Hey tankctrlr.

Keep moving forward man, you are doing good. Most people are too wussy to even post their first ad on facebook but you are not.

As far as software goes, smart developers who want to be in business for a long time follows Facebook guideline to the letter. I have been using the same software for almost 6 months and it has never been banned. They update their software almost every week.

I could not get the results I am getting without that tool and it paid for itself a while ago. :)

I have a video on my blog that shows how to use it http://www.renaudgagne.com/how-to-promote-clickbank-products-on-facebook/.

I am going to stop by your website and check out what your family business is all about.

To the top,
Renaud Gagne
wennykev
Trust:
If you are having a page on Facebook so you might notice that whenever you visit to your page you will see invite friends button at the top. So if you are in favor that your closest friends also likes your page, then click on that button. After clicking a pop up will appear in which there will be a list of your friends. Choose those people who like your articles, it will be more better if you invite other bloggers to like your page. Try SEOclerks, to buy facebook likes from freelancers at a cheap rate.

This topic was started on Jan 19, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.