Looking for ideas or need advice in a new market? Keyword research, market competition, size of the market - can all be discussed here.

For Multiple Domains Hostgator or Godaddy

griser12
Trust:

For Multiple Domains Hostgator or Godaddy

Hello,

I currently have a website hosted by GoDaddy, but most people on this forum seem to prefer Hostgator.

Godaddy's domains are a little bit cheaper but Hostgator seems to work better with WordPress.

I want to start a new site since I now realize now that the first one is not within a profitable niche.

Which one of the two is better (Hostgator or GoDaddy) if you're eventually planning to have multiple domains using WordPress?

I'm not clear about the advantages of one domain vs multiple sub domains.

At the beginning, should I just concentrate on starting a domain, and keep adding directories as sub domains instead of getting new domains?

Thanks,
Site Admin
markling
Trust:
I always recommend Hostgator because I think they offer excellent customer service and uptime for a very reasonable price. If you want you can buy a domain name at Godaddy and then use Hostgator for hosting your site.

Regarding sub-domain vs new domains - it's best to have a new domain name for each topic or niche, otherwise Google gets confused as to what your site is about.
Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: https://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jpastorizo
Trust:
What Mark recommends is actually what I do. I am very comfortable buying domains from Godaddy but their hosting does not match with Hostgator's. So I have my hosting with Hostgator and I buy my domains from Godaddy.

Regards,
Renato
HOW WE DID 200K+ ON THE DEADEST MONTH OF ECOMMERCE
WATCH HERE => www.slingly.us/replay

PremiumMember
sean06
Trust:
Yep, I'm the same as Renato and Mark. Godaddy are great for domains but hostgator are great hosts. I've got a dedicated server and a shared server and they've never let me down.

Don't get too hung up on this stuff though, just go sign up with hostgator and focus on getting some sales :)

Sean
www.SixDayWeekend.com
Free Training Videos reveal how I make 6 figures while travelling the world

griser12
Trust:
That sounds great. I'll buy domains with Godaddy and get Hostgator as a hosting service.

Thanks you guys!
jpastorizo
Trust:
Griser12,

You will love godaddy's admin area. I mean it's pretty neat. They don't have cpanel in their hosting so it makes them the ugly duckling as compared to the rest of the beautiful swans out there. LOL That is the reason why I went with HG.

Regards,
Renato

griser12
Trust:
Hello,

How do you get a domain from Godaddy and hosting from Hostgator?
jpastorizo
Trust:
Just buy a domain from Godaddy. You will have a Godaddy account where you can manage your domain. You will have to change the DNS and point it to your hosting account. The DNS from your hosting will be given to you y Hostgator once you sign up for a hosting account.

Regards,
Renato

griser12
Trust:
Thanks jpastorizo
jpastorizo
Trust:
Do you know how to change the DNS settings?

Regards,
Renato

This topic was started on Aug 11, 2009 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.