Need a new web host or having a problem with a script? Tips and advice on the best way to design, build and maintain your most valuable asset - your website!

Use Same Name And Picture On Different Niche Sites?

kurt
Trust:

Use Same Name And Picture On Different Niche Sites?

Okay, lets say you've set up a website/blog/or both in a certain niche. This is the niche that you've decided to become an authority on. And, then you've found your affiliate products (all of which compliment one another and have something to do with your niche). It seems like if you only stick to one niche eventually you'll run out of products that compliment your niche. In other words, your income would be limited because the products you can recommend are limited. I know however, that is not how the super affiiate marketers are doing it. They are setting up many websites/blogs which capitalize on many different niches. But, what about the fact that they recommend you add your picture to your articles at ezinearticles for example, and to your website to build credibility. This is what I'm wondering about. If you got your name and picture on several different articles (and websites/blogs) covering many different niches, wouldn't people become a little suspicious of you? If I see that a guy is recommending products in several different niches I would assume that he is just out to make money. He would begin to lose credibilty in my eyes as an expert in that area. I would then begin to wonder just how quality his products really are. How do you get around that? Do you change the way you look in your pictures? Do you use somebody elses face? Do you use different names (doing business as names) for your different niches?
ishuvonet
Trust:
You have mentioned some good points here that sometimes many expert affiliate marketers also miss.Building credibility is must if you want returning consumers for your products.
Work from home affiliate program INSANE conversions :http://rebateprocessorjobs.com/affiliates.htm

jcdean
Trust:
Make up a pen name. Find a different picture.

If the blog is about fishing you need to look the part of a fisherman.

If the site is about setting up your own day care, the picture of the guy with the fishing cap wouldn't do.

P.S. I have split tested a lot and found that a female alias converts the best in most niches, that normally wouldn't be associated with one sex or the other.
Respect,
JC Dean

kurt
Trust:
That's interesting to know that women alias's convert better, I would've have thought it'd be the opposite.

I was looking at Mark Lings website -WoWBlackBook. I noticed that he didn't even use a picture. He does use the name Brian Bensen as the person rating the review pages. That could be a made up name. I tried to find some articles of his on ezinearticles to see if he used pictures or pennames there, but I couldn't find his articles. He probably wrote them under a pen name.

At ezinearticle and probably some of the other article directories you can only have one account per human. But, it says you can have pen names. So I'm guessing you put your account in your real name and then use pen names under your account for each niche you write about. Is that correct?

And where do you get your pictures. Say I did have a blog about fishing, and I need a picture of a guy with a fishing hat on to play the part of the fisherman. Where can I legally get a picture like that that I can use?
jcdean
Trust:
Kurt wrote:And where do you get your pictures. Say I did have a blog about fishing, and I need a picture of a guy with a fishing hat on to play the part of the fisherman. Where can I legally get a picture like that that I can use?

I use Istock photo, but it is against their terms of service to use one of their models promoteing a product. I will simply the picks off if someone sais something.

if you wanted to be above board you would have to dress up a famially member i guess.
Respect,
JC Dean

cecille.l
Trust:
Kurt wrote:At ezinearticle and probably some of the other article directories you can only have one account per human. But, it says you can have pen names. So I'm guessing you put your account in your real name and then use pen names under your account for each niche you write about. Is that correct?

Yes, that is how it works. Using a pen name is not at all uncommon in affiliate marketing. Once you've built a list and a reputation in a niche, you tend to get a following and you're right in saying that a single person can't be an authority on several different niches. Hence, the need for a pen name.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

kanomichio
Trust:
Does anyone know who to change the pen name on Flutter without manually changing each email?
heruma1919
Trust:
Does people really care if the person/persona is using his/her real name? If you build a reputation of a persona/pen name well, then people do not really care. What they care are Do your sales letter sound convincing?
Who are endorsing you?
Are the information/articles that you write useful to them?
As long as you provide VALUE to your customer then they can accept it.
Not long ago there was an uproar because the real name of a well known product creator in the relationship niche was revealed. I forget the name, but what the hell, his product still sell like crazy.
I choose to go with persona because like you said, people just do not believed if you can be expert in many fields.
elyfields
Trust:
Bump. (Yes!)

Cecille, how do you go with your "pictures"?

The profile picture for Enlightenment Gateway "Yes I Can" inspired me to do the same. But I also think about using my face, however, distorted, cartooned or whatever to "hide" it, only because I'll be building other unrelated niche sites in the future.
Ely

This topic was started on May 28, 2011 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.