Looking for a program to promote? Found a product but not sure if it is any good? Discuss anything on programs and affiliate networks here.

ClickBank versus AdSense

PremiumMember
tjenpenge
Trust:

ClickBank versus AdSense

I've now picked about 30 keywords / key phrases for my new site. Looking closer at them not all of them are targeted well enough to sell any of the 3 ClickBank products I originally had in mind.

Would it make sense to place AdSense on those particular pages instead?
wollowra
Trust:
Hi TJ,
In my opinion I would pick the best keywords and still go with your plan.
Then give it a few months and tweak here and there..
You could get 2 sales and $40 and more as time goes on, where adsense will be just a few cents at a time.

Then if it is not going to plan, you can decide to put adsense on the site.

Regards
Troy
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

PremiumMember
tjenpenge
Trust:
Hi Troy,

Thank you for your advice. I'll stick to that and see what happens :-)

All the best,
Jakob
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I recommend giving a site 6-7 months. If you are getting HIgh traffic and still no sales, then consider Adsense. However, You should try the clickbank products first. that is going to be more profitable in the end.
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvDlGM242pI2D5TUOCWd7A

thenewb
Trust:
James, what do you consider high traffic? I mean free seo traffic?
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Yes seo traffic. For instance if you have a site getting 2-3 hundred visitors a month, and it is not making money, you need more traffic.

However, if it is getting 2-3 thousand visitors a month and you arent making money, try adsense
Do you want to use your online content to Educate others, inspire them to action, and run a profitable business for yourself and your family? I can help you get started

thenewb
Trust:
2-3 thousand and no money?? haha, the offer must really suck at that point lol...
spooling
Trust:
Just make a test on clickbank for 2-3 months. If you still get low sales then try to use adsense.
guitarjoe
Trust:
Newb,

You should be checking your keywords for commercial intent before you even get to the stage of building your site. You need to be reasonably certain that those keywords are converting and not just getting traffic. Traffic keywords are usually people just looking for information, not buyers.

Here are some examples.

People seeking information might type in phrases like:

dog training
train my dog
train a dog

People looking to buy something will type in much more focused keyword phrases like:

dog training school
dog training book
dog training Los Angeles
dog training course

Or product names like:

Sit, Stay, Fetch
Kingdom of Pets

Some other phrases to look for are:

lessons
course
author name

Some products are for physical/mental ailments and you'd want phrases like:

cure
remedy
remedies
relief
get rid of
remove

That's only touching bases on a few things, but hopefully you get the idea. You can test keyword phrases to see which ones convert into sales by using pay per click advertising and tracking each individual phrase all the way down to the sale. It's best to start off with smaller groups of related words and track by the group first, especially if you have a large keyword list. Look and see which group(s) most of your sales are coming from and then track each keyword individually from there.

You can also keep track of the top paid ads listed in Google for each keyword phrase. The idea here is to see which ads are still bidding on the keyword after two weeks or more. Those that are still there are likely making a profit. Why would they spend money on advertising if they weren't? Of course there are exceptions to this rule, like insurance which makes most of its money on the backend, but normally this will work. You can use free tools like SpyFu to research keywords and see how long ads have been there too.

There's also other paid software that is excellent for doing this type of research.

Also, if an offer isn't converting well after you've sent 300-400 visitors or more, you may want to test another offer in its place. This could be the result of a crummy salesletter or a bad reputation. Did you type in the product name into Google before you promoted it? Of course, there will be some affiliate reviews that try to sell the product, but there should be some honest ones as well. I just did this last night for a product that's been a best seller at Clickbank for years, but I found out that many people were saying it wasn't as good anymore and that there were better options available now. That research saved me money AND got me a better product! Do your research!

Newb, I highly recommend that you stop everything you're doing and go back and watch the videos of Mark creating this new blog. There are many lessons to be learned there that you need to know before you go any further, otherwise you may end up frustrated. Just trying to help you.

Joe
thenewb
Trust:
Joe, I am following the affiliobluprint now and doing the lessons in order. Why do you think I have not done my keyword research? I did not say anything about keyword research. I was just curious what jmpruitt considered high traffic......
guitarjoe
Trust:
Just trying to help. Do whatever you want. No biggie.
strommy
Trust:
I think you should stick with just Clickbank. If you're not making money, you probably need to tweak your landing page or get more targeted traffic, etc.

Think about what those ads on your site will link to. PPC landing pages promoting the same Clickbank product your trying to promote perhaps?
getwealthy
Trust:
I find this a good topic. Could anyone give me advice regarding adsense, I have several websites using the same adsense code and template but unique contents and afraid that it get deindex by google and block sites since its in the same IP.

any thoughts?
Great news! I just recently launched a new product that is taking the make money online niche by storm! Read more about it here:
http://www.time-to-get-wealthy.info
Join the rush and excitement and rave about it as an affiliate:

Earn now!

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Tjenpenge,

I would not dispare about the keywords you chose being off the clickbank target. You have a nice foundation to build on now. What you can do now is create some pages with "buying" keyword phrases that are reviews of your product you are selling in clickbank. Then work your SEO on that page.

Getwealthy...

Regarding your question. I use the same adsense code on over 15 different websites that are all hosted with Hostgator, same account. All of the websites are different niches, but I use the same adsense account.

To my knowledge Google does not have any problem with you using the same Adsense account with an unlimited amount of websites.

As long as they are not duplicate websites, you'll be fine. :)

Chrisi
Need help? Looking for answers? I've coached 70+ students to 5 and 6 figure success. Private message me on FB for details on a one on one session for help knowing where to start your success or end your failure. https://www.facebook.com/netwoozy.gal

speedyreader
Trust:
Some people really think they can get rich with Adsense but I recommend seeing it as gravy (bonus money) rather than the meat. (real profits).

Where with Clickbank you can make $20 to $50 from one sale, with Adsense it took 15,000 visitors over 3 months to make me $20.00. That is because less than one percent clicked on the ads and each of those 150 clicks earned me an average of 13 cents.

One top blogger wrote that to make a $2,000 per month from Adsense you will need 200,000 visitors a month and I believe him. (these numbers a guestimates, don't hold me to it).

That is why only 5% of my banner ads are Adsense and the rest are affiliate links.

Smuigal is right. You can have one adsense account and add the HTML codes to any niche website & Google will adjust the ads to reflect the content.

I would follow the advice not to give up on Clickbank and keep testing and changing things on your webpage such as keywords, content, headlines and niche product until you hit the right combination that converts.
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
promoting specific products, whether Clickbank or otherwise will always bring you more money than Adsense. I had an adsense account on a few of my blogs, and I have since stopped using it. I made a wopping $3 in 4 months. If you don't want to pull a specific product, WP has a few plugins that will pull text clickbank ads and put those on your page. Looks just like adsense ads, but you get clickbank products, and comissions.

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Or, you could go straight to Clickbank... I think there's a hoplink generator that will do text ads if I remember correctly.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
That is true Grady, but....

the widgets put them into blocks that look like adsense. Some of them even pull relevant ads to the tags and kw on the page. I have one on a general blog I run, and I get 20-30 hops/ day. the only ads on the blog are in the sidebar. I don't do ads on the page, but people see them and click through.

megachile
Trust:
Personally I focus all site traffic on highly targeted clickbank products and try to cut out all other distractions. If you have chosen a product with a decent gravity, and are sending highly targeted traffic that is ready to buy to your website, then I cant see why you wouldnt be making sales.

I have a few adsense sites, but they were set up especially for making money with the adsense program. For adsense sites I target tiny niches with virtually no competition (easy to rank quickly and for a long time), an average adwords cpc above $0.70, and a decent amount of traffic. I also make sure that I can get a domain with my main keyword in it (.com or .org are best). I have had a decent amount of success using this method, although the commissions potential of affiliate sites are far more alluring to me these days.
"You can't stop the waves but you can learn to surf."

jmight
Trust:
I agree with speedyreader and many of the other posters - it takes a lot of traffic to make any money with adsense. It would make more sense to me to try and figure out why the traffic isn't converting.

another option to consider might is use the clickbank HopAds - ads that looks like adsense

HopAd Builder
http://www.clickbank.com/help/affiliate-help/affiliate-tools/hopad-builder/

you only get paid if someone buys, but you get the clickbank commission, not a few pennies for the click
Last edited by sydney on 10 Feb 11 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken link

justinw
Trust:
I have started using Prosperent whenever I would normally use adsense. It boosts income considerably. http://prosperent.com/ref/215768 is a referral link they gave me but I have no idea what advantage I get for referring people, I thinki it might be left over from when the product is in beta, as the link came from my dashboard. You can just take off the ref/bit and you will end up at the same page!

Anyway the great thing is that Prosperent is an affiliate with thousands of companies and they then add targetted ads to your pages depending on the search term, and you get much higher commissions if someone clicks through and buys. If for some reason they dont have a targetted ad then you can set it to default back to Adsense. My income has gone up considerably.
$20 Discount on the SE Nuke Killer Serpassist: http://niche365.com/review/serpassist
Easy Video Player Review and Bonus: http://theeasyvideoplayer.com

prosperent
Trust:
I noticed our name here and wanted to chime in and see if anyone had any questions about our network?
nick00
Trust:
What does this TCPA stand for? lol
sonitin
Trust:
Clickbank and other affiliate programs all the way, even Amazon and Ebay are pay me more than adsense does.
"offshoreally.com" - One click for all outsourcing requirements including bookmarking, submissions, dedicated staff, link building..

Looking for a qualified virtual assistant to help you with your work? Click here - "offshoreally.com/internet-marketing-outsourcing-seo/virtual-assistant-link-building"

Enter The" Bad Ass" SEO Guest Blogging Contest to WIN CASH PRIZES http://bit.ly/9knBFs

PM me for coupon codes!

blogpressseo
Trust:
Concentrate on getting free traffic
Automatic BackLinks - http://BlogPressSEO.com Wp Plugin always 100% FREE

rangi54
Trust:
Thanks for the responce's so far...
I am also looking at the difference between Adsence/Clickbank.
pankaj arya
Trust:
I get good traffic on my sites , but still i am not able to sell the clickbank products. So i am going for adsense
careybaird
Trust:
Do not rely with adsense. Try other free method like SEO/SMM and others. Give it some time but if you see its not still working with you then that's the chance to continue with adsense.
www.FreshStoreBuilder.com
The Most Advanced Amazon Associate Tool
Make $$$$ from Amazon with SEO Friendly Stores - only $97 - 30 day Money back guarantee

Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
rangi54 wrote:Thanks for the responce's so far...

Adsense is program run by Google where website owners get paid for displaying Google ads that are relevant to their site's content.

Clickbank is a retailer of digital products. It is also an affiliate program network which means that they are the middle station between the digital product sellers and the affiliates who want to promote them.
Michelle
Customer Support
=========================

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

jimweb43
Trust:
I agree wollawra, another thing to note is that if he were to use both adding adsense could possible drive traffic away from his page possibly resulting in sales for his competition. With that being said I only use adsense on my information webpages only.

wollowra wrote:Hi TJ,
You could get 2 sales and $40 and more as time goes on, where adsense will be just a few cents at a time.

Regards
Troy
Last edited by cecille.l on 13 Apr 16 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed broken image

jimweb43
Trust:
I couldn't of put it any better myself, imo its best to use adsense on web pages orientated around information rather than promoting products.

michellerana wrote:
rangi54 wrote:Thanks for the responce's so far...

Adsense is program run by Google where website owners get paid for displaying Google ads that are relevant to their site's content.

Clickbank is a retailer of digital products. It is also an affiliate program network which means that they are the middle station between the digital product sellers and the affiliates who want to promote them.
faradina
Trust:
On my sites for which I could not or have not yet had time to find relevant products to promote, I put up adsense. And adbrite and infolinks, too. But as soon as I find something relevant to promote, I take out adsense, adbrite, and infolinks and put in my affiliate links and affiliate banners instead.

You see, I have sites that I put up simply because I had an interest in a certain topic, and not all of them are in what we would call a profitable niche (if I really think of it, I'm guessing I will find that none of them really are). They are for personal gratification :)
esolutions
Trust:
Don't even waste your time with adsense. Takes more time to set it up than the money it will make you.
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
hey Fara, I understand that. I have several that i am working on that dont have any products to promote in them but I am deeply interested in the niche too, so I started building a site. great thing is, small niches that dont have many products dont really draw marketers, so you have an open field for seo practice.

jimweb43
Trust:
I agree wollowra, although I suggest he place a small adsense link as well. That way he can get some income from people just passing through. Its important to not overdue it with adsense when you are offering a product, because it could in turn back fire driving potential consumers to your competitors webpage instead by displaying links via adsense.

wollowra wrote:Hi TJ,

Regards
Troy
Last edited by cecille.l on 13 Apr 16 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

yearleap
Trust:
What kind of returns do people find with adsense in general, on a per traffic basis?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You might earn at least a few cents if you have 5000 site visitors per month for a new site.

You'll need thousands of daily visitors to earn even a small amount from any advertising option. There are advertising programs that pay for impressions but they require that your site have a huge traffic volume (around hundreds of thousands of visitors per month, at a minimum).
Michelle
Customer Support

Limited time special - Pathway to Passive for $37: http://www.affilorama.com/pathwaytopassive

moneynetbus
Trust:
Do both, just add a block of adsence to your websites that are promoting clickbank products.
100% FREE Report $1 K A Day Formula - Click To Download... http://tiny.cc/ersrf

faradina
Trust:
Oh no, no, no!!! Do not do both!!! We at Affilorama do not recommend that.

Any sort of advertising on your site where you promote clickbank products should be for the clickbank products that you promote. If you are to add anything else at all, it should be an opt in to your newsletter series.
moneynetbus
Trust:
faradina wrote:Oh no, no, no!!! Do not do both!!! We at Affilorama do not recommend that.

Any sort of advertising on your site where you promote clickbank products should be for the clickbank products that you promote. If you are to add anything else at all, it should be an opt in to your newsletter series.

wow, I never knew that, makes sense though good advice. I have a few a few sites promoting clickbank that have adsense links on them. I will have to remove them.
100% FREE Report $1 K A Day Formula - Click To Download... http://tiny.cc/ersrf

faradina
Trust:
Cool!

We do not really have anything against adsense. It's just that on affiliate sites, adsense can distract site visitors from clicking your affiliate links and/or signing up for your newsletter. You stand to make a lot more from affiliate referrals than from adsense clicks.

I use adsense a lot myself, but not on my affiliate sites and niche sites. I put adsense on my test sites and on sites where I am not currently promoting or selling specific products.
PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
There is a bit more to it in my opinion than explained here so I feel like I need to express my view :)

If you compere a 20-30 pages AdSense site to a Affilorama type Clickbank review site you will almost certainly make more money with the Clickbank site. However I am willing to bet my Ass that if you create a really well optimized Adsense site in a good niche that needs to probably be around 100 pages+, hard to say exactly. The site needs lots of valuable content anyway. Then I am willing to bet my ass that such a site is going to make more money than a Clickbank review site will ever make!
However If you enhance your Clickbank affiliate:ness and Start to promote JV stuff. There are a few people that does this.

There is one well known French marketer Vita Vee, he or someone out of his forum Is almost always on first spot in Google on the big launch days from well known marketers. For keywords like Affiloblue Print 2 review, affilojetpack review, empire formula review and so on. This is by faar the most profitable Clickbank promotions one can do without owning a Product. And this will certainly beat almost any AdSense site if it´s not 10000 pages+ In credit repair niche :). But to do this successfully you will need to go up against some of the most savy SeNuke users there is.
It’s a interesting discussion this whole thing and I would liked to add Physical Products to the discussion too. In my Own opinion Physical products is the way to go. I feel like CB conversions is going way downward and I have have hard time find quality products there too. If we ignore software for a while, In my experience no matter what niche you pick on CB you can always find a better quality product at Amazon. Some interesting stuff Is also that when you look around at some IM blogs there are a few people that actually publish their earnings every month and most of these people are making more from Adsense than CB. Now it´s hard to know if they work on each type of promotions 50-50 but anyways it’s a interesting fact. I am also not really sure how I should interpret some of the answers here since this is the text you can read under partners tab in the footer.

“Affiliate Network Clickbank has become a key partner of Affilorama. As one of Clickbank’s top-10 merchants, Affilorama has a unique relationship with Clickbank senior management.” You might or might not need to answer in a certain way :)
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
who says clickbank sites have to stop at 20 pages? If I have a 100 page site, I would put products on every page, and have my email opt in on them. I actually have one that was over 120 pages before I broke it up into 5 separate sites.

Adsense is ok, and I am not a top CB affiliate by a long shot. yes a 100 page adsense site would make more (if promoted correctly) than a 20 page AB site, but if I had a 100 page site, it would be making money with cb ads long before it got that big. Adsense is pretty useless in my opinion. there are so many other ways to get better commissions.

I could put CPA offers, on it, amazon, my own products, (If I can write a 100 page site, AND enough articles to get all those pages ranking, I should have my own ebook !)

The fact is, with these article sites, monetization isnt the issue. Building the site, and getting it ranking in search is the hard part. If you get the traffic going, it doesnt really matter how you monetize it, it will make money.

PremiumMember
sirmatts
Trust:
"AdSense is pretty useless in my opinion. there are so many other ways to get better commissions."
I would not degrade Adsense this hard there Is certainly a lot of people making decent coin with Adsense.

Thats what I felt that I needed to comment this when some comments like. "You might earn at least a few cents if you have 5000 site visitors per month for a new site."

This is way of. With only a CTR Rate of 1-2% in a decent niche you make some decent coin in Adsense with 5000 visitors. NOT a few cents......

With That said I totally agree with you that there is way better options than Adsense in my opinion too. There is a abundance of affiliate offers these days what ever its CPA, Lead Gen, Physical products. There is thousands of affiliate networks not to mention all in house affiliate programs.
Best thing ever since sliced bread! Seriously this spinner is 20 Years ahead of TheBestSpinner. Get a Massive 70% Launch Discount ->http://www.inwrk.info/realbestspinner

dolly78
Trust:
Great Thread! Lots of info, i never tried adsense, i only sell products from clickbank, i need to learn more about the methods when becoming succesfull with adsense....
brandi78
Trust:
This is just what I have decided about Adsense..

If they are not interested in the product I have on my site, they usually click Adsense ads which makes money I would not have made.

I have tested in many different ways, and I make good money with Adsense as well as the offers I have on my sites...
Get Free Niche Keywords for eBay, Amazon, CJ, Adsense http://daily-niches.com
Website Affiliate Software Builder By Me: http://pronichestore.com

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Your Adsense earnings really depends on the keywords that you use and the places where you display your ads. I used to have a site that averages 500 page impressions per day and earns about $100 per month.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

kajm
Trust:
My 2 cents
I've had a site since 2004 in a narrow niche with about 80 pages of content. I have tried adsense, cb offers and cpa offers. I've done okay with all of them. My click bank sales come in rushes. All of sudden I'll make 10-15 sales in a week and then nothing for a couple of weeks. I don't know why as I send a constant stream of traffic to these offers. I figure it just depends who else is marketing the product in given point in time.
With cpa offers I have made good money $1000/week for some offers but over time this has reduced to <$100 per week. Again as more marketers pick up the item I've seen my sales drop off.
My adsense revenue has practically doubled every month each year. So my earning this January was twice last Jan and that was twice the Jan before. I think this is due to more traffic each year, a higher cpc for the advertiser and some tweaking by myself.
I only have one thing per page. So if I have a cb offer, I have no adsense and vice versa.
Recently I checked the analytics of my best CB offer. I had a earning per hop of .58 cents. That is it took 13 hops per oder form impression. Each order form impression resulted one third sales. There were 38 hops to make one order order.

My adsense figures (rounded) for Jan on the same site was 26,000 page views, 2290 clicks, page ctr% 8.8%, cpc .58cents.

The interesting thing for me is that it doesn't matter whether they click adsense or cb I make .58cents per click.
I still have the odd amazon offer and other cpa offer on the site where they fit but I haven't bothered to work out their return as it is no where as good.
Hope this helps.
faradina
Trust:
Hi kajm, I see that when you say cb you mean the clickbank hopads. CB, in the context of the discussion on this thread, means the CB affiliate programs and not the hopads. And, in the context of this discussion, the hopads would actually be the same thing as the adsense ads. What we are trying to compare here is promoting products as an affiliate using affiliate links on our site, versus putting up ppc ads on our site as a publisher.
kajm
Trust:
Faradina
Actually I am talking about an CB affiliate program. Not every click to an affiliate link results in a purchase. The product that I was linking to is the hottest product in clickbank for this niche. The product costs $47 to the buyer. I get $22.16 in commision from the sale. If 38 people click on the link I get one sale, thats a 2.6% conversion rate. This works out at 58cents per click on the link. I'm guess I'm trying to compare oranges with apples in a meaningful way and I thought it may be helpful if I put up real figures rather than...

I mus say that this particular niche is health related and people don't really want to sign up to a newsletter about it, maybe embarrassment, who knows. So in this case there is not a lot (read none) of repeat business. Although I do keep the email addresses from clickbank and have sent cpa offers to this list in the past.
Regards Kevin
solar81
Trust:
So if you had to use ppc adds what would be the best adds to use out of

Facebook
Adsence
HopAd builder
other
davidoff
Trust:
I strongly support what Fara said.

And the logic is simple: You DON'T want to let your visitor get away to some other site, whether it being adsense or anything. MANY will click back or close your window anyway. The few that don't, don't push them away! Allow them to stay on your site. :-)

So, always only promote one specific product per page. And ONLY use adsense etc on pages which, because of their content, naturally don't have a product to promote.

In Warriorforum you'll find many people claiming that they make THOUSANDS of dollars a month with ca. 50 or so sites. NONE of them could prove this yet - despite their shiny video fakes.

Now, I am not an example anyway, but on a pure content site, with thousands of pages (my flagship forum) I used to earn ca. $150 a year between say 2000 and 2005. Since then it's down to $10 or so a year. :-0

facts101
Trust:
There is a wealth of good information posted here. Personally, I have not found that AdSense is beneficial. The money is not worth distracting away from my page. I like what jmpruitt does with WP plugins and the Clickbank ads. Now, that makes sense and it's a viable solution with great benefits. Thanks James for the great advice!
ambit energy
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:I recommend giving a site 6-7 months. If you are getting HIgh traffic and still no sales, then consider Adsense. However, You should try the clickbank products first. that is going to be more profitable in the end.

Is this the period of trials for the clickbank 6-7 months. I think it's too long. Can't this be done by two? Clickbank and adsense?
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Ambit Energy wrote:
jmpruitt wrote:I recommend giving a site 6-7 months. If you are getting HIgh traffic and still no sales, then consider Adsense. However, You should try the clickbank products first. that is going to be more profitable in the end.

Is this the period of trials for the clickbank 6-7 months. I think it's too long. Can't this be done by two? Clickbank and adsense?

It usually takes about 6 months of working on your first site to see consistent sales. But if you keep working on it and learn everything you can on your first site, your next sites will be easier to build and earn faster.
Michelle
Customer Support

johntig
Trust:
I agree there is a lot of great information here.. As for adsense it really depends on your niche, Ive seen payout for clicks renging over $3.00 per click.. Again it all depends on yupr niche. =]

facts101 wrote:There is a wealth of good information posted here. Personally, I have not found that AdSense is beneficial. The money is not worth distracting away from my page. I like what jmpruitt does with WP plugins and the Clickbank ads. Now, that makes sense and it's a viable solution with great benefits. Thanks James for the great advice!
Last edited by cecille.l on 13 Apr 16 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

shanaooi
Trust:
Hi Johntig,

You can monetize your website with adsense if you can pick a niche which usually pretty competitive with high CPC, hence, it's difficult to get your site rank higher at google, unless, you build a consistent backlinks from quality site with high PR too.

Otherwise, what's the point with the low CPC keywords - the lower it is, the lower you will make.

Cheers
http://affiliateprofitsystem.net : Inside secrets to make money online

http://bit.ly/kF3tiG : Get your FREE access now

http://bit.ly/j3y37b : Build your list fast and make money for only $2 a month

cecille.l
Trust:
I find that Adsense is a quick way to monetize a personal blog where you have a lot of information and a following of some sort, but you are not out to promote a particular product. It does not require a lot of work, unlike Clickbank products where you have to actively market the products you are an affiliate of.

But the hard work pays off I think since Clickbank pays more in commission than AdSense.
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

aditd
Trust:
Click bank ( affiliate programs ) and adsense are quite different.
With affiliate programs you make money on a long term while with adsesnse on short.
I found that you earn much more with affiliate programs.
http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action

ishuvonet
Trust:
I think you have to target the best keywords that suit your content and working with clickbank rather than Adsense.As you have said your site is new then it would be difficult to make money through google adsense.
Work from home affiliate program INSANE conversions :http://rebateprocessorjobs.com/affiliates.htm

l3xlutr
Trust:
Why do you have to pick and choose? Why not use both or use PLR/MRR products with adsense. All the money adds up the same at the end of the month.
justonce94
Trust:
Adsense is great!!! But the money you can earn from Cb is greater - if you do things right!
aditd
Trust:
justonce94 wrote:Adsense is great!!! But the money you can earn from Cb is greater - if you do things right!

Agreed 100%
It's anyone's personal decision: money fast ( adsense ) or more money slower ( affiliate programs )
http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action

info28
Trust:
my adsens profit is very low , I have a site related about property listing in Turkey. emlakonline.org I am having 500 hits and 10 -15 ad clicks , what should I do for making more money from this site
web tasarım firmaları

karell_li
Trust:
Hello TJ,

My advice for you is to stick with adsense for about 3-4 months and watch if your sales will meet your expectations. But when the said time comes and still don’t have any progress on your sales, I think that’s the perfect time to change your adsense to clickbank and added by thinking of a very strong keywords.
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.

chezza.rushton
Trust:
Hello

Can anyone tell me how to remove my website's previous owners adsense coding, in order to replace it with my own. I already have an adsense account used on another website I have. I believe I need to access the html code of my website (if this is correct) but I have no idea how to do this.

I would really appreciate any help with this

Cheryl
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Adsense ads are usually removed by deleting the code in the single.php. Please login to your WP dashboard and go to Appearance > Editor and remove the code. Make sure to save the changes after.

Hope that helps!
Michelle
Customer Support

1netpreneur
Trust:
hey, I recommend clickbank products also but if you wanna go with adsense then I think the adsense 100k blueprint is pretty good. check it out, as you can see no affiliate link just trying to help, good luck
forums2connect
Trust:
This is always a debatable topic and its difficult to choose sides. Some people have cracked the adsense while other are earning great bucks with clickbank products. I too opted with clickbank choosing products of WpSmartApps.

I have signed up as their affiliate and am earning some good cash to start up with.

I promote both the products: Immediate List Building Pro & Readers From RSS 2 BLOG.
cecille.l
Trust:
This is always a debatable topic and its difficult to choose sides. Some people have cracked the adsense while other are earning great bucks with clickbank products. I too opted with clickbank choosing products of WpSmartApps.

It's a matter of preference and strategy. If you have a really good blog in a niche where you get good traffic, then adsense is a good option. You can earn from it just from the traffic you get on your site. It will not be a lot but you don't need to do much else but maintain your blog and its readership.

Promoting products in your blog is like taking the monetization of the site a notch higher. It 's when things become serious because you have ranking to think about now and keywords and all that. In return, you get a bit more compared to adsense.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack

forums2connect
Trust:
Cecille L wrote:

It's a matter of preference and strategy. If you have a really good blog in a niche where you get good traffic, then adsense is a good option. You can earn from it just from the traffic you get on your site. It will not be a lot but you don't need to do much else but maintain your blog and its readership.

Promoting products in your blog is like taking the monetization of the site a notch higher. It 's when things become serious because you have ranking to think about now and keywords and all that. In return, you get a bit more compared to adsense.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

Well put up Cecille. That's what I wanted to say LOL...
cecille.l
Trust:
You're welcome forums2connect! :) Thanks for the thumbs up! :)
Cecille

jay3
Trust:
tjenpenge wrote:I've now picked about 30 keywords / key phrases for my new site. Looking closer at them not all of them are targeted well enough to sell any of the 3 ClickBank products I originally had in mind.

Would it make sense to place AdSense on those particular pages instead?

If you're going with CB there's a hop ad builder within the account that you can use to create text and image banner ads:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2lxz7rs.jpg

From my own experience the best converting regions right now for my adsense site are 160x600 Text Ads Only and 468x60 Text Ads Only

160x600 - Used to be placing these on the right but they started converting better after i placed them on the left instead.

Since most visitors are english speaking, it only makes sense ;)

Also made the color of the ad blend into the rest of the blog to defeat the banner blindess problem.

Using a program called colorpic to grab the hexcode colors of the site to configure the color of the adsense text units.

468x60 - Converts best above the fold and before the main content. Haven't tried placing it in the body of the text though.

I think the body is best reserved for email optins. Need to test that one :)

Cheers,
Jay
Another Awe$ome Online Community And I've Managed To Get You In For $7 - http://www.btf2012.com/they-laughed-until.php

lilygreen289
Trust:
Hi TJ,

Regards
Troy
Hi,this is my site: http://iplaytheme.com/
There are many free wordpress themes for you download!
Thank you for visiting~

jardine.jones2312
Trust:
I've been an affiliate with clickbank since last year of october but I didn't received my first paycheck since I already have 10-15 sales.. I don't know why clickbank are doing like this..
davita131
Trust:
jardine.jones2312 wrote:I've been an affiliate with clickbank since last year of october but I didn't received my first paycheck since I already have 10-15 sales.. I don't know why clickbank are doing like this..

I had a similar problem
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
@jardine.jones2312 and @davita131

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't received your paycheck from Clickbank. :(

To be able to receive your commissions from Clickbank, you need to fulfill two requirements (information taken from Clickbank: Earning Commissions and Getting Paid):

1. You must reach your payment threshold, which you set in your Account Settings.

The "Payment Threshold" is a predetermined minimum amount of money you must have in your account before you receive your check. You can select from $10 to $1,000,000 but the default setting is $100. Clickbank holds your payment until your payable balance reaches this amount.

2. You must meet the Customer Distribution Requirement.

ClickBank will withhold payment of any account balance until the following criteria is met:

*Sales made with 5 or more different credit card numbers; and,
*Sales made with two different payment methods (either Visa, MasterCard, PayPal or European Direct Debit(ELV)). Note: PayPal purchases do not count toward the minimum 5 different credit card numbers.

This requirement is in place to help prevent Affiliates from abusing the ClickBank Affiliate program by using their accounts for the sole purpose of fraudulently collecting rebates and/or discounts on their own purchases.

Once you have met the Customer Distribution Requirement, your account will begin issuing payments normally, in accordance with our Accounting Policy, beginning on the next payment issuing date.

If you have any further inquiries, please contact Clickbank: Vendor and Affiliate Support

Hope that helps! :)
Michelle
Customer Support

ymzhang2002
Trust:
To see money grow in your Ad sharing Network, money automatically grow to your account when you log in veryday... sign up here,

http://www.virtapay.com/r/ym2010
yougpeter
Trust:
These days adsense is not anymore like 10 years before.So i think better is Clickbank but you also can put adsense on your site and earn some small cash for your hosting what you need to pay every month :)

seogorilla
Trust:
One of the problems with Adsense is that its value is going down. Over the last several years people have been paying less and less for PPC. Adsense is just gravy and nothing else. Stick to Affiliate Networks like Clickbank, MaxBounty, PeerFly, etc...
sanctuary_619
Trust:
If you're going with CB there's a hop ad builder within the account that you can use to create text and image banner ads:
http://i50.tinypic.com/2lxz7rs.jpg
PremiumMember
qa17
Trust:
Fits in.
PremiumMember
bigvoice
Trust:
Sanctuary,

How are you using the text and banner ad maker on Clickbank?
thanks
joshjocky
Trust:
In my point view, both will give you good result in end, but trying clickbank before you go to adsense will benefit you more. Choose the most targeted keywords first and go to clickbank. But one more thing, we have to consider is, we can get money for each conversion only in clickbank not for each click.. And if you have keep your site targeted good enough, you ll get benefits. in AdSense, you ll be paid for clicks not for sales..
andlosek89
Trust:
I think Adsense is great yet.No need to sell stuff of promoting any product. No search for niche product simply optimize the site.Though many guy earning good amount from ClickBank I this Adsense is best.
ramiro623
Trust:
getwealthy wrote:I find this a good topic. Could anyone give me advice regarding adsense, I have several websites using the same adsense code and template but unique contents and afraid that it get deindex by google and block sites since its in the same IP.

any thoughts?

I don't think you'll get in trouble with Google because you have several sites as long as they each have different content. I have a quite a few blogs and they each earn something!

It's hard to make money with AdSense because you have to get a lot of traffic. I didn't see any significant earnings until I started getting over 700 visitors a day. You have to give it time.

To check if you content is getting indexed you can copy a couple of sentences then put quotes around the text and search on Google. If you're stuff isn't indexed it won't show up.

For example, add a quote like this "this is the sentence I want to test to see if Google has indexed it. I published it a few days ago and it should be indexed. Now I'm going to cut and paste the text inside the quotes to see if it's in Google".
Women's designer necklaces at 60% off retail: https://jewelry-necklace.kitsylane.com/

manager3
Trust:
Hi jmpruitt

I have seen your lots of threads .All having something new information.I have one doubt that why Clickbank is unable to track the activity of user clicks.

Thanks
Sagar Awasthi

Affiliate Manager
Vip Cars
www.vipcars.com/affiliate

padswe1970
Trust:
i think we can earn a lot from click bank as commissions if we work correctly. But adsense we have to be careful
trawlers44
Trust:
If I were you I would stay away from Adsense and their pennies! A friend of mine was making $80,000 a month with Adsense and all of a sudden Google froze his account and will not even answer a call from him and still owes him like $27,000! Google is a dirty nasty company and mark my words the FTC is going to get them very soon. I hope that this helps you!
Struggling to make money online?
This is how I am killing it without Google!
http://jerseyshoremobilemarketing.com/google-sniper-fact

blogger792
Trust:
Thank Thank you for your advice can i ask one question if u dnt mind
trawlers44
Trust:
My rule of thumb is one goal per webpage.. In other words if you are going for a sale then that is the goal on that page. I never put Adsense on any of my pages.

I do not need Google's 25 cents to take away from my $75 sale or even worse a email subscriber which is even worth more then that..

I would keep Adsense to it's own blog separate from all other things..
Struggling to make money online?
This is how I am killing it without Google!
http://jerseyshoremobilemarketing.com/google-sniper-fact

lordbaal1001
Trust:
What other high paying affiliate program for pay per page impression aside from adsense?
Tour to Philippines and visit the most fascinating places in the country
http://www.tour2philippines.blogspot.com

createmoney
Trust:
I am not sure if this will answer your question but take a look at
Luminate.com
Infolinks.com
Grab-media.com
http://coull.com/
http://www.viglink.com/

The good thing is you can incorporate all of them into one blog
sbsambrooks33
Trust:
Try Clickbank first... that is going to be more profitable in the long run
kallayprasanth05
Trust:
When you begin to perform very well on your website, it would be better to desist from monetizing. That's because ads can distract the attention of your visitors.
doublebonus10
Trust:
I know clickbank is also give you good revenue than ad-sense. Because it was my pre sales experience.
Offline Marketing Tips here http://offlinemarketingzone.com

charlesedu2
Trust:
Clickbank has made me a lot and I really live it much...
Link removed by moderator
ATTENTION!!!
All Beginners and Newcomers...
Learn How To Create Your Own Website Today.
Create Your First Website Without Codding Skills And Start Making Money Today
www.charlesedwardsonline.com
www.charlesedwardsonline.com/blog

robyncoles95
Trust:
reading all this has given me some really good advice thanks all! I am currently trying out some matched betting products on click bank, profit maximiser and also profit squad, which seem to be doing fairly well! if anyone has had experience with these it would be greta to hear from you!
hcfgrizzly
Trust:
In my opinion, you should focus on better targeting the keywords in order to be more close to the products you are trying to sell.
I always preferred affiliate commissions in the detriment of Google Adsense.
If you manage to sell something you will get more than what you would get from 100 clicks.
Affiliate Manager to The HCF Affiliate Program (30-50% RevShare - Special Niche Market)
== > http://affiliates.hcfaminoscience.com/

tony.w
Trust:
I do enjoy ad-sense. Its a great platform for reaching a very broad audience. Screw the audience down and you can receive a really good conversion rate.

I haven't used click bank before though so i cant really make a comparison.