Home » Affilorama forum » Affiliate Hangout » Traffic Travis Virus? Help please.
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Traffic Travis Virus? Help please.

nelsencaleb
Trust:

Traffic Travis Virus? Help please.

Hello, I finally got my old pc back from my brother, and got a chance to use traffic travis a few minutes go. All is going well, and bam my avg virus protection pops up and says a "Thread was blocked!".

File name: webcache.googleusercontent.com/page/2/
Threat name: Exploit Link to Exploit Site (type 1335)

Then under the details here is the path of the file: C:\Program Files\Traffic Travis v3\TrafficTravis.exe
Process ID: 1004

If I could get some affilorama support that'd be great.

Caleb
Hi! I'm super friendly! Message me if you like!

faradina
Trust:
Hi Caleb,

As far as I can tell from the information you provided, the threat is resident on the web page mentioned in the "File Name:" part, which is the page from which Traffic Travis is trying to pull information.

It looks like the web page contains something which had been formerly identified as a threat but I cannot say what kind of threat it represents. You could contact your security software provider to find out what "Exploit Link to Exploit Site (type 1335)" means.
nelsencaleb
Trust:
So nothing to worry about?
Hi! I'm super friendly! Message me if you like!

Site Admin
mikeantiga
Trust:
Well, definitely Traffic Travis is not a virus so there's nothing to worry about this error. My suspicion is that Traffic Travis tried to access a Google cache page that has a virus which was eventually detected by your AVG scanner.
Want lessons on Affiliate Marketing, SEO and Content Creation? Get them here for FREE:
http://www.affilorama.com/lessons

PremiumMember
nick
Trust:
Hi there,

Indeed TT gets quite heavily scanned with each release.
You can also check the exe online against various anti-virus scanners here, http://www.viruschief.com/index.html - result is here http://www.viruschief.com/report.html?r ... 3ae9f6af16
michael025
Trust:
Based from what you posted, it appears that the virus that avg detected is not from traffic travis, but from a page that it is linking to. But, I would also go with faradina's suggestion. Email your antivirus provider with the details to get a clear view on what the problem is.
briensmith
Trust:
* Go to your host file and put a # in front of the lines that correspond with Traffic Travis
* Start your TT, it will be downgraded to the free version (don't worry)
* Update to the latest version
* Close TT
* Remove aforementioned # from host file
* Go to your XAMPP folder > program_interface
* Open updatesv3.php
* Put as the first line: 3.3.14.2821

That's it, run it again and you'll see everything is fine again.
So remember this for future updates, simply change the version numbers in the updatesv3.php file.

Thanks

Norton coupon
videovigilancia

briensmith
Trust:
I completely ignore the difficulty level that Traffic Travis says because it's way off-base. But the tool is still awesome...you just have to analyze it yourself based on the information it gives. I find their interface one of the easiest to use and interpret.

Thanks

Norton coupon
videovigilancia