Home » Affilorama forum » Affiliate Hangout » I Quit, I Quit .... My offline Job!
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

I Quit, I Quit .... My offline Job!

smuigal
Trust:

I Quit, I Quit .... My offline Job!

A few days ago I quit my offline job. :D It was only a PT job, and I earned about $500.00 average a month. I've been doing so well with my two sites that this past month, August I earned $425.00, Double what I earned last month. Here's the breakdown of my income on the two aff sites by month earnings. I had some refunds so I had to adjust a little from my earlier records.

Month
1. 31.00
2. 68.00
3. 204.00
4. 425.00

My traffic was averaging 24 per day until about 10 days ago. Then it shot up to almost 90 per day so I figure this month, Sept, based on my statistics of earning about .26 per visitor I should earn about $650.00 or so. :D :D In addition, I signed a new client to do SEO that is going to pay me $400.00 a month so I'm good to go and QUIT ME OFFLINE JOB!

I have been trying to succeed at this for YEARS. I will say that it has helped me to not get distracted by other offers. Yes, I have tried a few other programs (they are hard to resist) thinking they would enhance AFFBlueprint, but if I were to recommend anything it would be to stick to AB if you have purchased it.

So, that's my story. I THANK Mark VERY much for his program. NOTHING... NOTHING else worked for me. I've tried tons of other things over the years and just fell short. Trying to take short cuts is a waste of time. I work hard with my sites. I do outsource almost all my article writing/spinning and I highly recommend AMA (articlemarketingautomation.com). I'm looking to train someone to do my blogging too. Outsourcing is really great if you can afford it. That's it, hope this will encourage those of you who are maybe not taking action. Get busy, follow the AB plan and you'll make money too.

Wishing you all lots of great success,
Smuigal
Last edited by smuigal on 27 May 13 6:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Want to "Find" the money in the list? http://clickbankingtrafficmagnet.com has the answer. It's how I built a 2,000 subscriber list for free and how I grew my 6 figure foundation.

evobilly
Trust:
cool its great to here stories like this were people are making there own way to success and will be able to work when and how they want.
keep up the good work.
For the best guide to sell physcal products as a affiliate check out Matt Carters Rapid Profit Formula http://online-income-masters.com/getrapidprofitformula.php

If your having trouble re-writing your articles i recommend checking out this tool to make it quick and easy http://goto2.com/rewriter

If you want to outsource your articles this place seems to be good value and easy to deal with, and its free to sign up they offer a 100% American writing team http://bit.ly/bhv4Fu

PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Congrats on being able to quit the day job!

My plan is to get up to where I can quit mine, because I'm finding that I can't do some of the things I'd like to do because of my current schedule. And I'm very impressed with all I've learned here. (Just one more week till I can afford AB myself, and I'm looking forward to it!)

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

Site Admin
markling
Trust:
Nice work - ideally that's where you want to be aiming and you prove it can be done!

Speaking of jobs I came across this interesting story of a homeless blogger who ended up getting a job with Elle magazine. It made me realize that even if we complain were not making any sales, we seem to forget that we can actually be learning valuable skills that can find us work.

Smuigal, very proud of your efforts - you deserve all the success you get, you've worked hard for it. Glad to be part of that.

All the best

Mark
Limited time special - Try Affilorama Premium for just $1 for 7 days: http://www.affilorama.com/premium

smuigal
Trust:
Thanks Mark. :)

I forgot to add something about the SEO success I've had. My site is about number 8 on a page with over 200,000 "all in title" competition. Over 4 million I think without quotes.

I am now going after far more competitive keywords because I know I can. :D
Want to "Find" the money in the list? http://clickbankingtrafficmagnet.com has the answer. It's how I built a 2,000 subscriber list for free and how I grew my 6 figure foundation.

marshallg
Trust:
Just want to add my congratulations Smuigal, job well done! I hope you had great satisfaction when giving your notice in at the day job :)
Articles written for $5 - http://www.needanarticle.com/affiliates/x.php?a=r&aid=218 (My Affiliate Link if you feel kind) I personally use them on a regular basis

jfelix
Trust:
Hello, my name is John and I am new to this site and new to affilate marketing. I am wondering what AB is an how it works, thanks!
jpastorizo
Trust:
First of all, I would like to congratulate Smuigal for all the accomplishments. Keep on going Smuigal!

John,

AB is AffiloBluePrint. It is a product of Mark Ling that teaches a complete newbie and turn them into affiliate marketers.
We have the AffiloBlueprint 2.0 as the latest version of this awesome course. It costs $197 and it is a laid out 12 week plan. You can do only the 1st 8 weeks cause the last 4 weeks are optional. But why not go through the whole course including the optional lessons if they will help you make money too?

If you're not yet ready to get it I suggest you read as much as you can here in the forum. You can learn a lot of things here. Then when you are ready you can purchase the AB2.0 course and start learning.

You can always ask here in the forum and someone will definitely answer your question. And that I can guarantee!
Mark Ling answers questions as well. Can you tell me a super affiliate who bothers to answer questions in his/her forum? Only Mark and a few honest marketers like Matt Carter (http://mattsmarketingblog.com). You can check matt's blog too and you will learn from him.

Regards,
Renato
All the best,
Jon Pastorizo
www.pastorizo.com
Article. Writing. Simplified.

jfelix
Trust:
Thanks for the info Renato. I am a little reluctant to spend the 197 just yet as I feel there is so much I can learn out there for free, but maybe in time. I am in the middle of trying to pay back a lot of money right now from a stupid marketing sceme I fell into. Anyway thanks for the reply and I will deffinatly check in to the forum when I have questions.
jpastorizo
Trust:
John,

That is what I suggested to newbies. Invest on the course only when they are ready. As mentioned you can learn a lot of things from this forum for free. =)

Regards,
Renato

PS. Smuigal, sorry we went out of topic. Congratulations again on your success!
All the best,
Jon Pastorizo
www.pastorizo.com
Article. Writing. Simplified.

smuigal
Trust:
Hi John, (no problem Renato :)

I just wanted to let you know that I too fell BIG TIME for a scam that really set me back. In fact it made me so angry I gave up for about a year. This year I came back and was very fortunate to learn about Mark's program.

I do not purchase anything anymore without a solid refund policy. And I highly recommend that if you get a phone call from someone selling you a coaching program, you say, "no thank you".

First, they call you up, ask you how you're doing... then they say, "only if you qualify"... so it makes you feel like now YOU have to prove it to THEM that you are worthy... a tactic. Only AFTER you qualify are you allowed to talk to the MAIN guy... and on it goes.

It also costs over $1k. Usually 2k or more. Marks program is $197.00 and you'll get what you need.

So, yep, off topic, but I too am very sick of getting scammed.

Best Wishes,
Smuigal
Last edited by michellerana on 04 Sep 09 2:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: spelling error

stacierunner
Trust:
Congrats Smuigal -- keeps me heading toward my goal when I can make the same post!
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

jfelix
Trust:
Smuigal, the fact that you can get scamed like that and still come back and have sucess is awesome. That takes a lot. Thanks for the info it gives me a little more encouragement. I was wondering how long it took you as far as learning affiliate marketing before you actually got results and did you learn a lot before you got the AB or can someone that is completly new to affiliate marketing use AB with sucess. Right now I am going through the lessons but it is seeming pretty overwhelming and a lot of it is a little over my head. Thanks, and I wish you all the continued sucess. I hope to one day be able to tell my boss that I am going home for good!

John
smuigal
Trust:
Hi John,

I know a lot of the "how to" stuff John, but more like, how to do the technical side of things. I can design sites, use xsitepro2, create wordpress blogs, work with the cpanel etc... But knowing these things was not the key and it is good to know this because people who are new like you, can do great. Why? because with Wordpress and places like ArticleMarketingAutomation.com things are so much easier to accomplish then they were before.

So, what do you really need to know? You need to know some basics. How to buy a domain name, set up the DNS to point to your hosting account, and how to set up a Wordpress blog and add the widgets like Adsense etc...

You don't need to know how to do those things if you can outsource what you need, but I think it is well worth learning how to do it.

It took me a VERY long time to become successful because I didn't understand how to promote an affiliate program properly. The other reason why I didn't see any results is because I would continue to get distracted by other programs and THAT is the KEY to failure IMO.

Also, selecting the right niche to promote is another key factor. I think Mark just emailed us all a link to some free videos. I just watched the first two and the how-to on selecting Niches is great. Thing is I already know this stuff, I just have to have it firmly organized in my head. The way to do that is to make sure you only take one path.

I would avoid PPC like the plague until you can handle losing thousands. I don't think I'll ever get into it myself. SEO is far too easy now and it's free.

I have another site, ezpondideas.com If you go there, you will notice that it's nicely designed. This is also "my" problem. I get too focused on things looking perfect. And this site was a niche that I got from a PLR pack. It has failed me in affiliate marketing, but that I have to say is because I didn't do the research first. It is easy to see why it won't work.

1. The ebooks in Clickbank have less than $15.00 aff. income. I think maybe less than $10.00. No gravity to speak of. Sort of the perfect example of what not to pick.

2. There is just about NO PPC for koi or pond books.

This site makes about $30.00 a month in Adsense. That is only after I realized that if I targeted things like filters and liners I could make about .50 cents to a dollar per click. But I spent probably $200.00 in outsourcing articles so I think it's a failure.

3. I have a hard time giving up this failure. I love koi fish, I love ponds, :( so I'm too attached. In Mark's videos I think he tells us not to get attached.

I'm no longer worrying about that site. It's addicting, but I've decided to let it die.

I will tell you that I do tend to stick to what I actually enjoy myself. So, the niches that are making me money I have first hand experience in or at least know a lot about the subject. This makes it easier for me to know the mind of the visitor and maybe that helps, but I don't think it's a must. It's just me.

Here's what I'm doing now. It is what you'll find in Mark's videos, but also a little of my own research is in there too.

1. Find the niche. Must have several clickbank products to promote. Must earn at least $20.00 or more. Must have good PPC competition, not in all keywords, just the main ones.
---- Find 30 good keyword phrases you can work your SEO into. Here's my formula and it works for me really well. I look for keywords with less than 15,000 "all in title" competition. So, let's take a niche like BackPain. I look for a keyword phrase that is on the "buying" end. Like, "back pain ebook" etc... I look for lots of other ways, not just buying, but I start with buying keyword phrases. The author of the clickbank book, the name of the backboard product, whatever. Then I put the keyword phrase in quotes, "Mr. Randy's Backpain book".

If the competition is under 15,000 I go for it. Sometimes if the PR of the competition is in the 2/3's I'll take on higher comp. But this is where I start building my keyword list. TrafficTravis can help with ideas.

2. Build a wordpress blog. Add the SEO pack, keywordluv, hm... um...well, maybe some of you guys can add to that because I forget and my list is on my other hardrive.

3. I pay to have 60 posts with 250 words each created, and I pay to have them posted over time. I have my gal start the posts at 4 times for two weeks, then 2 times a week for the next few weeks, then once a week after that. I will create one blog on my own domain, then use the Free Wordpress online site and create another blog. I split up the posts between those two blogs.

My free Wordpress blog sends traffic to my site. Aug a whooping 16 vistors, which I know isn't a lot, but it goes to show you that even though all I ever did on that site was put posts on it it gets traffic and helps with my backlinks.

I then will have 20 articles written for me at about 400-500 words each, and then I send those to my spinning guy who will spin then at 50%. I then add these to AMA, which I really do believe is important to this regimen.

I also pay to have a few articles written and submitted to Ezinearticles.
And I have just started to create some very short Youtube videos.
Lastly, I will post some comments in other blogs that have Keywordluv.

To sum up:

Find niche, get 30 keywords, create blog, post over time to blog, write articles, submit to AMA and EzineArticles, create a few videos, submit to Tubmogle, post comments to other do-follow blogs.

What NOT to do.... go somewhere else. Stay right here. There are some really GREAT programs out there. But there are tooooo many and you will get stuck learning and processing and just be in a cycle of overwhelming inside your head.

I hope that helps. You can do it. If you feel overwhelmed. Try to just learn a few things before you move forward on the next thing. Like stick with one of Mark's videos and give yourself daily goals.

Today I'll pick out 5 niches. Tomorrow I'll find my keywords. etc...

If you have some specific technical issues with setting up, PM me and I'll try and help you through it. :)

Smuigal
Last edited by michellerana on 12 Oct 09 5:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: spelling error

jfelix
Trust:
Thank you very much smuigal. Very generous of you to take the time to write out that info and it is very helpful.
picke83880
Trust:
Greetings chaps & chapesses,

I am completely new to this marketing thing, and last post said it, overloaded with info, and it seems somewhat contradictory. All these experts like YAro Starak, Tim Godfrey, maverick money makers, Jesus, where do you start? Some say you need a website, but on the other hand you don't, you need to enjoy what you do, but you do have to to make money, SEO takes time but its free, Google adwords can get you there if you know how to put the ad together. Smuigal says SEO is far to easy now, some bloggers set up blogs in days and are selling them in a few months for wads of cash. At what point do you take the plunge and what part of the pool do you decide to plunge into? I have a website and I started trying to learn by driving traffic to that with SEO, should I stick with that and try to monetize it later or should I continue with that and start an actual money making thing promoting some clickbank products. Anyway, if someone could give me some solid advice here as to how to proceed I would be very grateful. It is quite daunting right now.

Jon
PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
Just relax, Jon we can help you here. First, start monetizing your site immediately. Find clickbank products with a gravity of over 30 to start with. If you already have a site, just keep building it up. I recommend that you get the Affiloblueprint course when you can. It gives a step by step action plan to build your site and get it making money. If you can't get the AB course yet, its ok. You will find plenty of information in the lessons in Affilorama, and the members and staff here will help along the way. If you want specific help, we need to know where you are at with your site so we can help you move forward. And anytime you start feeling like giving up, just read the line in my sig, You can do this. :) Good luck.

James
Last edited by michellerana on 11 Nov 09 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: -

James Pruitt,

esquire7
Trust:
Dude congrats...I wish I had or will have your success... I have a free hosted site and I wonder...
Could I have some success with it?
And if so...could someone tell me what to improve after they take a look?
Thank you in advance:)
PremiumMember
gradyp
Trust:
Esquire7,

There are two things to keep in mind with "free hosted sites".

1.) You have to abide by whatever TOS they have. Sometimes (as in the case with Wordpress.com -- the "free blog hosting" service, not the "program" side) They have fairly strict rules about selling that you have to be aware of if you want to keep your account from being locked.

2.) But the more important thing with free hosted sites is the vast majority of them add code to your carefully constructed web page that places their advertising. If someone were to click on one of those ads, as opposed to yours, that's money in their pocket, not yours. Also, these ads can sometimes make a site look less professional.

It's better to pay for your own hosting, because often the paid hosting services have much more lenient TOS that allows for you to run a site the way you want to. There may still be some restrictions, but nowhere near as many or as stringent.

You might could still have some success with a free one, but I don't think it would be as much as if you paid for your hosting. And you can find hosting many places for $10 or less a month.

Grady
Have questions about creating images? Want an image created for you? Check out my site at www.GradyPruitt.com/welcome-affilorama-friends

pollax
Trust:
Hey guys - all I wanna know is if the $197 is USD or NZD? I'm guessing USD? Sorry if it's already covered somewhere...
pollax
Trust:
Been looking at IM for a few years but never really given it a crack. I want to buy this AB and go hardout and not stop until it works for me, and it will work for me. :)
mikeb1073
Trust:
Great post.... What is keywordluv?
smuigal
Trust:
Keywordluv is an addon for Wordpress. It allows people to comment and have a linkback to their site. It is a do-follow link, which encourages people to comment in exchange for a link back.

PremiumMember
ericmarlow
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Hi John,

I know a lot of the "how to" stuff John, but more like, how to do the technical side of things. I can design sites, use xsitepro2, create wordpress blogs, work with the cpanel etc... But knowing these things was not the key and it is good to know this because people who are new like you, can do great. Why? because with Wordpress and places like ArticleMarketingAutomation.com things are so much easier to accomplish then they were before.

So, what do you really need to know? You need to know some basics. How to buy a domain name, set up the DNS to point to your hosting account, and how to set up a Wordpress blog and add the widgets like Adsense etc...

You don't need to know how to do those things if you can outsource what you need, but I think it is well worth learning how to do it.

It took me a VERY long time to become successful because I didn't understand how to promote an affiliate program properly. The other reason why I didn't see any results is because I would continue to get distracted by other programs and THAT is the KEY to failure IMO.

Also, selecting the right niche to promote is another key factor. I think Mark just emailed us all a link to some free videos. I just watched the first two and the how-to on selecting Niches is great. Thing is I already know this stuff, I just have to have it firmly organized in my head. The way to do that is to make sure you only take one path.

I would avoid PPC like the plague until you can handle losing thousands. I don't think I'll ever get into it myself. SEO is far too easy now and it's free.

I have another site, ezpondideas.com If you go there, you will notice that it's nicely designed. This is also "my" problem. I get too focused on things looking perfect. And this site was a niche that I got from a PLR pack. It has failed me in affiliate marketing, but that I have to say is because I didn't do the research first. It is easy to see why it won't work.

1. The ebooks in Clickbank have less than $15.00 aff. income. I think maybe less than $10.00. No gravity to speak of. Sort of the perfect example of what not to pick.
2. There is just about NO PPC for koi or pond books.

This site makes about $30.00 a month in Adsense. That is only after I realized that if I targeted things like filters and liners I could make about .50 cents to a dollar per click. But I spent probably $200.00 in outsourcing articles so I think it's a failure.

3. I have a hard time giving up this failure. I love koi fish, I love ponds, :( so I'm too attached. In Marks video's I think he tells us not to get attached.

I'm no longer worrying about that site. It's additing, but I've decided to let it die.

I will tell you that I do tend to stick to what I actually enjoy myself. So, the niches that are making me money I have first hand experience in or at least know a lot about the subject. This makes it easier for me to know the mind of the visitor and maybe that helps, but I don't think it's a must. It's just me.

Here's what I'm doing now. It is what you'll find in Marks videos, but also a little of my own research is in there too.

1. Find the niche. Must have several clickbank products to promote. Must earn at least $20.00 or more. Must have good PPC competition, not in all keywords, just main ones.
---- Find 30 good keyword phrases you can work your SEO into. Here's my formula and it works for me really well. I look for keywords with less than 15,000 "all in title" competition. So, let's take a niche like BackPain. I look for a keyword phrase that is on the "buying" end. Like, "back pain ebook" etc... I look for lots of other ways, not just buying, but I start with buying keyword phrases. The author of the clickbank book, the name of the backboard product, whatever. Then I put the keyword phrase in quotes, "Mr. Randy's Backpain book".

If the competition is under 15,000 I go for it. Sometimes if the PR of the competition is in the 2/3's I'll take on higher comp. But this is where I start building my keyword list. TrafficTravis can help with ideas.

2. Build a wordpress blog. Add the SEO pack, keywordluv, hm... um...well, maybe some of you guys can add to that because I forget and my list is on my other hardrive.
3. I pay to have 60 posts with 250 words each created, and I pay to have them posted over time. I have my gal start the posts at 4 times for two weeks, then 2 times a week for the next few weeks, then once a week after that. I will create one blog on my own domain, then use the Free Wordpress online site and create another blog. I split up the posts between those two blogs.

My free Wordpress blog sends traffic to my site. Aug a whooping 16 vistors, which I know isn't a lot, but it goes to show you that even though all I ever did on that site was put posts on it it gets traffic and helps with my backlinks.

I then will have 20 articles written for me at about 400-500 words each, and then I send those to my spinning guy who will spin then at 50%. I then add these to AMA, which I really do believe is important to this regimen.

I also pay to have a few articles written and submitted to Ezinearticles.
And I have just started to create some very short Youtube videos.
Lastly, I will post some comments in other blogs that have Keywordluv.

To sum up:

Find niche, get 30 keywords, create blog, post over time to blog, write articles, submit to AMA and EzineArticles, create a few videos, submit to Tubmogle, post comments to other do-follow blogs.

What NOT to do.... go somewhere else. Stay right here. There are some really GREAT programs out there. But there are tooooo many and you will get stuck learning and processing and just be in a cycle of overwhelming inside your head.

I hope that helps. You can do it. If you feel overwhelmed. Try to just learn a few things before you move forward on the next thing. Like stick with one of Marks videos and give yourself daily goals.

Today I'll pick out 5 niches. Tomorrow I'll find my keywords. etc...

If you have some specific technical issues with setting up, PM me and I'll try and help you through it. :)

Smuigal

What a great post by Smuigal. Thanks for sharing.
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
Hey guys - all I wanna know is if the $197 is USD or NZD? I'm guessing USD? Sorry if it's already covered somewhere...

Affilioblueprint costs US$197. Every purchase of Affiloblueprint comes with a one-month free trial of premium membership which is a monthly package of advanced training for affiliates who want to take their earnings to the next level, or simply get some more creative, cutting-edge marketing techniques beyond what is covered in Affilorama and Affiloblueprint.

If you want to purchase Affiloblueprint, please go to this link: http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

@Smuigal - Very good post! Thanks for inspiring us :)
Michelle
Customer Support

=========================

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

sharepole
Trust:
I would like to congratulate you on your success. And to thank you for sharing. I love how you sum up Affiloblueprint. Very encouraging. And yes I’m member of Affiloblueprint . My head is still not clear. I have a lot IM packages and programs and too much information mixed up with Affiloblueprint. You inspire me to get things done by setting goals. Thank you
Last edited by michellerana on 26 Oct 09 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

www.sharepole.com
my affiloblueprint website test lab (beta version) WIP- www.sharepole.com/snoring

PremiumMember
paulinefojas
Trust:
Congratulations Smuigal! :D
hasanur
Trust:
Oh great job guys. I am still in the blogging stage which earn me some money. Since I am not from those countries which you people are in, I don't have the same opportunity but I am still so I happy with blogging and learning some programming as a freelancer.
Last edited by michellerana on 22 Nov 09 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free online Earning Information Cent re http://freeonlineearningworldwide.blogspot.com/
Invest 10% Money in Investment program http://safeinvestmentsreviews.blogspot.com/

craniac
Trust:
Thanks- inspiring and helpful. Where did you sell the products? Ads on site, an email list, text links in posts...?
mack45
Trust:
Hi great thread on success I wish you the most in your ventures Smuigal. I have just started and find this the best starting program I have seen. The idea of staying on track is just a matter of logging out of other sites that distract for me anyway.
Pro at basic WP and keyword research willing to coach.mackaybruce@hotmail.com

smuigal
Trust:
Thanks everyone for your Kudos :)

Craniac, I sold clickbank ebooks. I have built about 6 more blogs now but I am taking a step back as it's a bit overwhelming.

One thing I have noticed is the tremendous amount of excellent things you can do with SEO using Wordpress. So, any new sites I am building are blogs. I was using Xsitepro 2, which is a great program, but WP really rocks.

Another thing I'm doing is training people to do exactly what I need. Outsourcing is such a great way to go, but it does take time to train people.

Oh, and the Warrior forum is a great place to get really good SEO too. Just really take your time before you buy anything. There is a lot of great stuff, but you can really get bummed out if you buy something, then realize you could have gotten something better after looking a bit more.

Best Wishes to All,
Smuigal

msh159
Trust:

Hello smuigal -

Your post was very thorough and helpful, but I disagree with your assessment of this site as a failure. If it is making $30. per month from Adsense revenue, not only is it recouping your monetary investment, but will continue to make money for you with very little attention from you while you move on with other projects.

If you make $360. per year, this site can pay for your hosting account, your domain registrations, and have enough left over to buy AffiloRama Premium!

People are building hundreds of these Adsense sites, doing a little backlinking and seo, then moving on. They continue to age, produce income, and build link-juice for other sites. Failure? No way!

Regards,
Mike
smuigal
Trust:
Ah Mike, You be getting the "Cool" award today. ;)

That is a good point. Actually, I am ramping up all of my sites as I have learned how to do some automated SEO and have trained some people to do the initial work for me. I would really like to see more income from that site because it's rather nice looking.

I'll try to remember to post my results after doing some ramping.

Thanks again Mike,
Smuigal

stacierunner
Trust:
Hey Smuigal, I love reading your posts and feel your enthusiasm. I am trying to work my way to quitting my offline job also. I have a question for you.... are you doing any list building?

Thanks
Stacie
Fancy up your iPad with accessories from http://www.greatipadstuff.com

Go green http://www.greenerlifesite.com

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Stacie,

I have held off on setting up a list until I could set it up properly. It is not as easy as it seems, at least for me, and so I've put it off until the affiliate income was there to afford another monthly fee. December I earned about $1,000 so I believe I am ready to spend the $20.00 on it now. Plus, I will be having someone else do the writing so that is a cost to consider as well.

I will say that for anyone who really wants to succeed at online marketing, you have got to ignore everything that does not help you pursue your goal. For instance, my goal is affiliate sales right now. I also want to pursue CPA marketing and actually have all the knowledge to do this but it is important to go one step at a time. I don't have time to dive into this area just yet. I guess I'm just not that organized to do more than one thing at a time.

GURU GOALS - The goals of people who sell you products or programs and tools to make money online are to earn $$$ on YOU continually. Each of us actually have a $2,000 or more price tag on our head as list subscribers. So, this is where you can really get stuck and totally miss out on your success. I'm not saying all of these successful marketers are evil. Some of these guys really do provide awesome materials and have good recommendations. Mark was recommended to me by one of the other "Guru's" of which I am extremely grateful for and happy that they received a commission for telling me.

It is up to each of US to filter out what we need with what we do not need.

Marks program will help you get started in the right direction. I have gone deeper into niche marketing and purchased several tools and I subscribe to a few tools that help me do things faster and easier. I DO NOT PURSUE ANYTHING ELSE! I do buy some things occationally, but these things are always along the lines of what I have already learned. Mostly they are things that help me understand SEO more.

I suppose I have repeated myself many times here but I am really sick and tired of seeing people get distracted from their success because today the people selling "make money online" secrets are incredibly good at selling crap and distraction. I have spent at least $20,000 in the past 10 years on programs that didn't work, tools that were useless, programs that simply distracted me from my goals, and I've been scammed BIG TIME by one and one coaching programs. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS. If you get a phone call for a coaching program - HANG UP! Believe me, AB is all you need to get you on the right track.

Stick to your plan. Here's a breakdown of what you need to succeed in my very humble opinion.

1. Take action once you go through Marks course.
2. Use Wordpress, add the addons for SEO.
3. Use automated "not blackhat" tools for things like submitting to a variety of blogs, ezines, social bookmarking etc...
4. Outsource backlinking and writing tasks and anything else you can afford.
5. Unsubscribe from ALL of your Guru's ezines. I only subscribe to the ones where I need to know about updates.
6. Do NOT believe that this is EASY, FAST or a ONE MAN JOB. Unless you are ok with spending 10 hours per day I highly recommend your online money is reinvested back into your business.

Oh, and you probably should know that you will most likely have to spend a lot of time finding the right people to outsource to. Training them is something you'll should expect to have to do. Even if that is simply training them to understand how to "spin" articles or simply check their resources for better quality work.

I have personally trained people to outsource for me that have failed to "get it". Or they just poop out. So, these things do take time, but in the end you form a good team to help you accomplish your goals.

Best Wishes to All a-yas,
Smuigal

artistdaddy
Trust:
Hello Guys,

I also wanted to succeed online, I've been around the IM field for quite awhile now switching from a membership site to another membership site until I stumbled upon Affilorama which I'm still a free member I'm aiming for AB 2.0 but it seems too expensive for me then I watched Mark's interview with Adam Short for NP Classroom which I find very interesting.

Can I get some advise from you guys about NP Classroom or AB 2.0
Appreciate your reply.

Thanks,
artistdaddy
There's no such thing as permanent Advertising success.
www.advertising-techniques.com

smuigal
Trust:
Hi Artstdaddy,

I purchased NP when it first came out and got a refund. My reason at the time was the lack of flexibility and the poor layout and very bad support. It may be improved by now. However, I do not personally recommend you try this.

Making money online is difficult. It's not easy, but it is doable. I'd stick to Marks AB before diving into anything else. Everyone that is selling a program or system to make money is going to say it's easy or it's fast and you'll make tons. This is just NOT the case for the average person.

I've been working at this a long time and I guess I'm a bit slower than most, but I am making about 1,000 a month now and on the brink of growth as I use 50% of my income for outsourcing. I'm in the process of teaching people to do more work for me.

In fact, I probably only work about 10 hours a week now. If I put more time into this I'm sure I'd be making more but I really enjoy my days and my freedom to do what I want to do. I walk about 3 hours a day near rivers and hike in hills. AB started me on the right track.

Best Wishes,
Smuigal

artistdaddy
Trust:
Hi Smuigal,

Thanks for the insight, does the AB 2.0 complete with tools that I will need to put up my online website? or do I need to subscribe to other tools like TT or AMA for that process?

Do I have to invest more after I purchase AB 2.0 if ever?

The reason why I'm asking is that I need to know my total investment plus the time that I need to spare before starting. I just don't want to make a mistake again in another program..I just can't afford it anymore.

This will be my 3rd program if ever, I have quit from 2 other programs in 2009 for not meeting my expectations that is based on their Sales page.

Again, I thank you for your time to answer my humble queries.

Regards,
Artistdaddy

smuigal
Trust:
Oh my my my... this program is just the first step. You will have to promote the heck out of it. You will need to know SEO and or pay for someone like "me" who really knows how to do it. There are lots of services, tools, etc... that help with SEO. I now use hm... about 5 different tools. Monthly payments for the programs cost me somewhere around $150.00.

Plus, you really really really need to do your research first before you select your niche.

1. Pick a topic you really love if you're going to work it.
2. Make sure that topic is HUGE and there are keywords you can target that will bring you TONS of traffic.
3. Outsource, outsource, outsource. Man I can't say that enough.
4. Check to see what types of advertising you can do for the niche you are promoting.

If you're going to do that sort of thing, I'd say you should look into CPA marketing because you can promote itunes and so forth. CPA offers will only mean you have to get someone to put in an email or even sometimes just a zip code.

Art... please do some searching online first to see if you can even find ONE social network created from this program. Plus, the social network they started as an example... I believe they just posted it up and never touched it after - what does that tell you?

Here's the thing... I really don't like to be negative here because someone with the right skills could really do well with it IF they have improved the layout, funtions and absolutely support. Believe me Art... I am REALLY skilled and can figure things out. In the past I have taken a program apart and then used video to teach my students to learn how to use it. So I really do KNOW how to do things on my own - YET... this program drove me nuts! Too many bugs, too many limits on my ability to create pages the way I wanted.

You can't do some of the things they show you in the video the way they show it to you. Like the Advertisement in the header graphic. It doesn't work right.

Yes, you will be spending money EVERY month on tools, programs, learning more stuff, outsourcing.

Please keep your receipt. Post the date of the guarantee, test the heck out of it, including support. DO NOT buy until you have time to spend on the training and you will be spending TONS of hours learning so it will be a week before you start to use the program unless you are like me and can figure out how to work things fast.

I wish you the best if you do pursue this, but I actually hope you don't - for your sake.

Sorry... wish I could be more encouraging.
Smuigal

jimmyting
Trust:
Hi smuigal,

Congrads for your success.
Thanx for sharin useful info with us~!!! :)
I wish I can achieve wut u r achievin right now.
check out som useful twitter tools

www.freetwittertoolsreview.com

artistdaddy
Trust:
Really great and honest opinion Smuigal. It helps me decide which way to go. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

kenyoung
Trust:
Thanks for the tips. I am contemplating hiring a full time, outsourced employee and found your post. Any tips? It is just too time consuming to do it all yourself!

Also, you nailed it with the unsubscribe from all the guru emails. I get 10+ daily and they are very distracting (bright shiny objects). Huge time vacuum. I am unsubscribing today.
PremiumMember
skiesyourlimit
Trust:
Congrats Smuigal!
I can completely agree! Too Much Information (TMI) is a disease I have had for 18 months now and it is time to shut everyone else off and just focus focus focus! Not only has Mark really given me very valuable information over the last 6 months that I have been a Premium member but he seems to be truly interested in our success and leaves out the rubbish bringing us the real meat and potatoes! Thank you Mark!
dsedov
Trust:
Congratulations! That really motivates me to accomplish the same!
joypackard
Trust:
That's a great story! Thanks for sharing that. I also wish I have a luck like yours. :-)
dukiss
Trust:
150 a month on tools? Are you using Senuke?

That's one hell of a program worth paying for in my case, but I work a TON and I'm ruthless when it comes to marketing so I make sure to recoup my investments.

Anyway, congrats to you.
smuigal
Trust:
Hi Dukiss,

Erm... well, it is funny you should mention that. Actually no and well, recently as of yesterday yes.

At the time of my writing that information I was using AMA/Linkjuice/BacklinkBootcamp and hm... I know there was one other but I am not sure what it was.

I am also constantly on the search to lower my bottom line and lesson my time spend in seo so... I had a while back seen info on SENuke but was hessitant to dig in because it is expensive. However, they have a 7 day trial so I'm looking it over as of yesterday afternoon.

There is a ton to learn. But I will tell you that how you go about your seo will depend on your budget both financially and by way of your time. I prefer to outsource. So, I will probably train one of my trustworthy peeps to do the SENuke work for me. :)

SENuke so far from what I have seen is NOT for a noob. Well, hm... I guess that does depend on the person but right now I can already tell I will have to study this for days before I want to attempt to use it. They say it is all-in-one but I have to disagree. I think it is important to have AMA or something like it, plus an article submitter of which I do. I am also looking into a blog posting system, but well, erm... this is something that can be outsourced pretty cheap so I'm not yet decided on the program I have heard about doing this. It is not open right now so doesn't really matter anyway.

Here's the other thing about having these monthly programs and services. You have to consider what you can afford and not go broke. You have to be willing to put them to good use and not waste your money because you don't have time to use them to their fullest degree.

I recently was going to invest in a monthly video program where you could easily create videos from your articles. But the program is so glitchy and the quality is horrible unless you take the time to make the adjustments I gave up on it and wasted my money on the first months fee. I didn't ask for a refund because I had tried it before. I just forgot how bad it was and they had updated it and claimed it was sooooo much better. Nope, still sucks.

So, I'll try to remember to post again once I figure out SENuke.

:)
Chrisi

burkhardt5
Trust:
Smuigal
I took a look at your sites, they look very nice but I checked for backlinks and you have none. How are you getting visitors, ppc, ppm?
Thanks
Paul J. Burkhardt

smuigal
Trust:
Are you talking about Netwoozy? I hardly have worked on Netwoozy as I am busy helping my clients. Lets see... hm... well, the main site I worked on has lossa backlinks. Sold that. Um...

Right now I have something like 10 aff sites out there sort of collecting dust. I have moved on to working SEO for others so that is where my focus is. However, with SENuke I plan on reviving all of those other sites. I'm STILLLLLLLL in the learning stage with SENuke. Man oh Man what a program.

Before I use it I also have to get some articles written and spun, but I need to teach my writer how to spin the way I talked about in the other "content" section. It is more complex and will cost me more but I believe it will produce more Google love.

So, which site do you actually think looks nice because netwoozy is sort of boring and needs a makeover.

Chrisi

scortez99
Trust:
Hello smuigal.

I read your post on your success. Congrats. I noticed your last reply stated you "have around 10 affiliate sites collecting dust"? Are these sites still making you money? Just curious to see why you moved on from making the sites
smuigal
Trust:
Well, I got busy doing SEO for people so I didn't have time. But recently I've started earning enough money to start outsourcing things I need to do to get them up and running. It's just a time thing pretty much. But I am getting back to them.

In addition, I've started a plan to implement ACC sites because they are so easy for me to set up and I'm going to be paying someone to clone my initial site, which I have just finished creating. ACC is Auto Cash Content.

chrisi

protrader
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Thanks Mark. :)

I forgot to add something about the SEO success I've had. My site is about number 8 on a page with over 200,000 "all in title" competition. Over 4 million I think without quotes.

I am now going after far more competitive keywords because I know I can. :D

It's great to hear such great news with much enthusiasm and positivism! Congratulations and may you go further and further up the ladder of success.
zososniper
Trust:
My kudos to you big time! I look forward to the day I can quit my day job! I love the online stuff a whole heck of a lot better!
My Online Business Strategy...For those who no longer want to work for someone else.......

Strategic Internet Marketing Solutions. Your hub for the best IM Solutions and Strategies

http://strategicinternetmarketingsolutions.net

smccoy
Trust:
Hello Everyone. I'm the new guy. I believe i am in the right boat here. I have been building an affiliate marketing website and hope to expand it, get some traffic and make some money. I would like to think it's an informative site that can inspire others to take this path as well. If anyone would like like to i'd appreciate some feedback. Maybe even check out my free report i wrote, i only have 2 emails on my autoresponder so you wont get spamed. Thanks. Sam. affiliatemarketerexposed.com is the address
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
SMcCoy wrote:Hello Everyone. I'm the new guy. I believe i am in the right boat here. I have been building an affiliate marketing website and hope to expand it, get some traffic and make some money. I would like to think it's an informative site that can inspire others to take this path as well. If anyone would like like to i'd appreciate some feedback. Maybe even check out my free report i wrote, i only have 2 emails on my autoresponder so you wont get spamed. Thanks. Sam. affiliatemarketerexposed.com is the address

Welcome to the forum, Sam :) and thanks for your post.

It would be better to make a separate post for your site review request on the Website Building section of the forum so that Mark and other members will be able to post their comments on your site. Otherwise, it will just be buried on this thread.

Thanks!

Regards,
Michelle
Michelle
Customer Support

Want a step-by-step training program in affiliate marketing? Affiloblueprint is a "hand-holding" course that will will show you how to build a site, drive traffic to it, and monetize it.

smccoy
Trust:
Hey thanks for the welcome michellerana, and the link to the building section. I'm looking forward to learning and building and this forum seems very active so i'm happy to be here.Thanks again, Sam
semantics
Trust:
if u need quick content for your blogs u shud check out utility poster. google loves the fresh content and trackbacks with anchor txt are gold.

set up another wordpress blog and have the rss feed running from ur other blog - use utility poster to update it every day - only takes 2 mins to copy and paste.

the more the better, try wordpressmu with multiple ip's too.

hope this helps u out.

nice strategy by the way - the scheduled posts.
wollowra
Trust:
The only problem I have with utility poster is people are using it to make splogs ( Spammy Blogs) with, just scraped content.
It may be handy to add a little bit of related content to a blog but people are using it for 100% of their content and to me it is just a matter of time before Google starts to deindex the sites that use autoblogging and in fact with the latest Google algo update autobloggers have seen their sites drop in the search engines.
Good software but use with caution and don't go sick with it scraping 100% content.
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize
they were the big things.

-- Robert Brault

kennymac
Trust:
Congratulations!
It's GREAT to hear testimonies like that! I believe in this economy that working for yourself (either part or full time) is the ONLY way to beat the economy. Awesome to know that you are on your way. Best in Success!
fostin7
Trust:
congratulations! that's what we all aim. I earn aprox 500usd in my offline job so yes, I want to quit and run my business from home... I can't wait to see the results :p
bloggingfornewbies
Trust:
Very wonderful post... Congrats on your success smuigal..
very inspirational to all newbie bloggers out there.

abeja_reina_1989
Trust:
Good job! I am making about the same each month and it's so exciting when you finally see all your hard work paying off! Good for you! I wish you the best in your online journey :)
kango1988
Trust:
Hello, I just purchased Affilojetpack. And I think its the best program I have purchased online. Am a complete newbie want to be successful at intermet marketing. So far its going ok considering am new to this. I have a website which is up and running and am at the stage of just driving traffic to it. At ther moment am doing a little PPC, got no sells yet but my list is expanding. Over a period of one month I have 20 LOYAL subscribers( and that is including the time i spent creating the website and this is a result am happy with. Its all been through PPC though. I want to do SEO and am just researching for some tools.
Whilst researching for SEO tools, I came across this program called "LINKVANA". Anyone ever used it and would you give some feedback please?Its quite expensive but if it works i'd happly invest in it.
Also someone mentioned SEnuke. Does it work? I dont mind the price because if it works then I know it will be a good investment in the long run. And can a newbie use it? And if i was to get it, would i need AMautomation too?

Thanks
Site Admin
michellerana
Trust:
You could find comments on SENuke on these threads:

AMA and SENuke: Are they worth it?

Recommended link building softwares

Anyone have any experience with these products?

Brute Force Methods
Michelle
Customer Support

jacksonlin
Trust:
Yay! I also am living off my IM income - and I'm making more money than my class mates as lawyers!

IM ROCKS! =]
careybaird
Trust:
That's cool! You have the same story with mine. I have my offline job but it seems that I didn't get enough money from it. When a friend introduces me to Affiliate Marketing, I was like wow! Then I quit my offline job and concentrated with online marketing. :)
www.FreshStoreBuilder.com
The Most Advanced Amazon Associate Tool
Make $$$$ from Amazon with SEO Friendly Stores - only $97 - 30 day Money back guarantee

culpetm
Trust:
IM is so much better than driving through traffic you don't like to get to a job you don't like in order to work for a boss you don't like!
www.article-generator.com - free, unique (niche specific) articles you can publish on your own website!
Download These Free eBooks - they have Master Resell Rights, so you can resell them or give them away!

elaway
Trust:
I have been trying to break into affiliate marketing for over (2) years now. I have a hard drive full of JUNK (I mean fantastic software and PDFs) that are guaranteed to make me thousands of dollars in (24) hours or less GUARANTEED.

So why have I spent way more than I care to even think about and have never made a dime?
Seems like every time I try something, it never really shows the nuts and bolts of what needs to be done to actually make a buck in IM. I'm definitely not a technical person, but I can manage most of the intermediate computer skills.
And I'm not dumb.I also have a good imagination, reasonable writing skills, funds to start on a small scale, good work ethics, and all the time in the world to devote to this.

I believe there are some here that are actually making money from affiliate marketing (maybe not the Million dollars a year) that some of the "so called" Gurus claim. And I don't expect or even need that kind of income.
Heck, I'd be happy to net $100.00 a month at this point. At least I would feel like I may be able to recoup some the money I've spent on this so far.

I said I would never waste any more time or money on this, but I'm gonna give it one more shot.
Now I just need to figure where to start. Seems every membership site I join or visit I get overwhelmed with so much info that I don't know where or how to begin.

I'm open to any and all suggestions to help me really get started.

Thanks,
Elaway
My first attempt at blogging.

sam rich
Trust:
Maybe you just have to follow through with your "junk" and stick with what works. I've been doing it for only a year now and it's easier now for me than back when I first started.
You Were Born To Be Rich!
http://samuelrich.blogspot.com/

elaway
Trust:
Well thank you so much for the constructive advice. If any of it worked for me I wouldn't be asking for suggestions.
You just reminded me why I stopped participating in this forum over a year ago.
And I'm just ecstatic over all of your success.
My first attempt at blogging.

faradina
Trust:
@elaway, one thing that has consistently worked for Affilorama members is to stick to one system like glue and avoid looking at any other. When you have a lot of things that you want to follow/try, you tend to get distracted and thus not be able to see it through to the end.

In other words, focus on just one internet marketing system and really do what needs to be done.
jimweb43
Trust:
Same here, imo it will only be a few more months before I can achieve this goal. I'm averaging about 20 a day.. Its not much but its up from making $10 every other day just a few months ago.
Last edited by jimweb43 on 31 Mar 12 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teamrama
Trust:
this is so cool! and it's very inspiring... :) Congrats smuigal!
affiloblueprintpurchaselink
Trust:
It sounds to me that you have the same attitude as the inventor of the electric light bulb: THOMAS EDISON. He failed and failed but it did not discourage him and he kept at it until he succeeded. I am glad he did because I can not get very much done in the dark except sleep. ;- )

ABPL
jimweb43
Trust:
I agree, it sure looks that way. And imo I believe this is the mentality that you must have if your to make it on your own an any field no matter whether it Internet marketing, pro sports, or launching your own green energy company.

AffiloblueprintPurchaseLink wrote:It sounds to me that you have the same attitude as the inventor of the electric light bulb: THOMAS EDISON. He failed and failed but it did not discourage him and he kept at it until he succeeded. I am glad he did because I can not get very much done in the dark except sleep.Image ;- )

ABPL
ryzon
Trust:
Awesome!

I am happy for you....

We need more 'success' stories like these to encourages us to stick to our plans and to provide us with hope when we are down.....

Best of luck again!

Ryzon
Grab This Amazing Ebook Already Being Used By Thousands For FREE at:
www.cashonline.co.cc

johntig
Trust:
If I may ask what niche are you in? Have your sales still been increasing?

smuigal wrote:Hello Everyone,

A few days ago I quit my offline job. :D It was only a PT job, and I earned about $500.00 average a month. I've been doing so well with my two sites that this past month, August I earned $425.00, Double what I earned last month. Here's the breakdown of my income on the two aff sites by month earnings. I had some refunds so I had to adjust a little from my earlier records.

Month
1. 31.00
2. 68.00
3. 204.00
4. 425.00

My traffic was averaging 24 per day until about 10 days ago. Then it shot up to almost 90 per day so I figure this month, Sept, based on my statistics of earning about .26 per visitor I should earn about $650.00 or so.Image :D :D In addition, I signed a new client to do SEO that is going to pay me $400.00 a month so I'm good to go and QUIT ME OFFLINE JOB!

I have been trying to succeed at this for YEARS. I will say that it has helped me to not get distracted by other offers. Yes, I have tried a few other programs (they are hard to resist) thinking they would enhance AFFBlueprint, but if I were to recommend anything it would be to stick to AB if you have purchased it.
PremiumMember
sethczerepak
Trust:
Congrats, that's always good when you can leave your day job not to start your own business but to grow it.
rankwarrior
Trust:
congradulations!
stefanieuy
Trust:
Hello Everyone! :) I'm in the process of saving up to buy AffiloBlueprint. :) I know a lot of you must have bought it already, and some of you must be into outsourcing... One way for me to earn money right now is by working as a content writer. If you need to outsource your articles, I can write them for you :) I can help you, and you can also help me by allowing me to earn enough to buy AB! :) Hope I can find an employer here ;)
valcine
Trust:
Congratulations!!! That is wonderful to hear! I hope to find affiliates as successful as you to advertise for me. Great job!

Valcine
feeoshea
Trust:
How wonderful for you, Smulgal - I wish I could say the same...ever hopeful. This is a wonderful thread - such advice you've given thanks. So love this forum!
A Powerful Way To Be SmokeFree forever
http://changeyrlife.pw/stop-smoking.php

justonce94
Trust:
Your definitely my inspiration!!!
aditd
Trust:
Many people should take your example as there they would like to be their own boss ... but don't take action to make the step!
Congrats!
http://www.couponsitescript.com - Turnkey Affiliate Moneymaking Business

http://www.codecoupondiscount.com - Coupon Site Script in Action

jblank1978
Trust:
I am new to this all myself, and this post gives me hope that I too can be successful at this. I do not think I want to do it full-time, but as a good way to supplement my current income. I stumbled upon this website, and so far what I have read here, I have high hopes on learning a lot here and being successful. If leaving my day job is a possibility from doing this I would love it, but right now I think I will keep gaining knowledge before I invest money in AB.
fauzi
Trust:
inspiring story..
im taking those small baby steps to make that giant leap towards personal freedom.
easyrider
Trust:
Thanks for your interesting comments musuoka.

BTW, these links are going to be pretty useless to you considering the facts that there is zero relevancy to this forum and also nofollow tags are applied to all outgoing links. The only thing that you have got going for you is the anchor text.
Greg

kjmdirect
Trust:
I set up my site 2 weeks ago and have 4 pages ranking from 4, and 7. I also found out google will give you a free $100 coupon code to try adwords and I made about $300 from that campaign and plan to reinvest it into continuing adwords. (FYI you can get the free code for all new websites just use a new email to sign up).

Take your time and outsource some of you SEO (ugh). Good luck!
rob3
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Hello Everyone,

Month
1. 31.00
2. 68.00
3. 204.00
4. 425.00

My traffic was averaging 24 per day until about 10 days ago. Then it shot up to almost 90 per day so I figure this month, Sept, based on my statistics of earning about .26 per visitor I should earn about $650.00 or so. :D :D In addition, I signed a new client to do SEO that is going to pay me $400.00 a month so I'm good to go and QUIT ME OFFLINE JOB!

So, that's my story. I THANK Mark VERY much for his program. NOTHING... NOTHING else worked for me. I've tried tons of other things over the years and just fell short. Trying to take short cuts is a waste of time. I work hard with my sites. I do outsource almost all my article writing/spinning and I highly recommend AMA (articlemarketingautomation.com). I'm looking to train someone to do my blogging too. Outsourcing is really great if you can afford it. That's it, hope this will encourage those of you who are maybe not taking action. Get busy, follow the AB plan and you'll make money too.

Wishing you all lots of great success,
Smuigal

So that's $8736. annually. If (say) rent is 300/mo, food is 300,mo, car-gas is 120/mo, utilities 150.00 per month, misc 100.00/month that's $670.00 or $8040.00 annually.

Find another PT day job. Or did you mean to say $425.00 per WEEK which is what most of the videos on this site are saying for newbies -- or WAY more if your a seasoned marketer.

This thread has too much "happy" and "congratulations" for results that are poor and don't forget have to be reinvested into the business. That being said by the Guru's around here, I would DEFINITELY find another PT gig.

I'm out because of the lack of activity on this forum, the tools are substandard, some of the content on the videos is excellent, I believe Mark and his staff, especially Cecille, have integrity and are sincere, but as far as the REAL tricks of the trade like the strategizing and method of approach to researching a niche, that information is too generalized and what was what I was looking for when I joined.

nm629593
Trust:
What a great success story! I wanted to get a taste of affiliate marketing by posting on forums and blogs first before developing a website. However, after doing some research for online forms to post on it seems that the majority of them don't allow affiliate marketing or links to other websites. If you have had any success with this I would love some advice.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi Rob,

I'm sorry to hear that you have given up, partly because of lack of support. I apologize if we failed you in any way, and for the delay in responding to your post here. We do our best to respond to all forums posts, as well as support emails. You are always welcome to send us an email if you do not find assistance here in the forums or if your inquiry is urgent.

We like to congratulate each member that makes a sale because a sale is a goal reached. I'm sure you know how difficult it is to build a site and drive traffic to it, that to make sale in that site is a milestone. From then on, one could hope and (with consistent work) expect more sales.

I appreciate your honesty in sharing your thoughts with us. I have also forwarded your feedback to the appropriate department. Rest assured that we will work harder on making Affilorama better.

All the best!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
Hi nm629593,

Welcome to Affilorama! :)

While most forums are no follow these days, you can still find forums within your niche that allow links in the signature. You can place anchor text in your signature that would refer the user to your site or you can respond to a post with a link to a relevant/helpful information on your site. I suggest you check the forums rules, some allow anchor text while others allow links in your signature after you've made a specific number of posts.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

nm629593
Trust:
Hi Cecille!! - Thanks for welcoming me to Affilorama! I am still learning with the free lessons which I think are great. I've been burned by some MLM opportunities so I am just taking my time with learning as much as I can before I fully turn my attention to affiliate marketing. So far I am impressed with what I have learned and read about Affilorama on the internet which as you know can be very brutal in comments about any & everything. Thanks so much for getting back to me with your advice about forum & blog postings.
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
You're welcome! :)

Learning affiliate marketing, or any aspect thereof, does not have to cost anything. We have free lessons on the site as well as the members' forums where you can post any question you have on affiliate marketing. :)

Do not hesitate to let us know if you have any inquiries. All the best!
Cecille

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
I do a lot of forum marketing myself, and one thing that is a huge problem is people trying to get direct sales from forums. most forum owners don't like it, and they will remove your links, or even ban you for trying.

Instead, it is best to build up your own site, and find forums that allow personal links in signature files and on your personal profile. Rather than going for direct sales, use it as a chance to get to know people and let them know about you.

Forum marketing isn't as much about making a sale as building your reputation, and getting people to trust you. Then, you get them to your site where you get them into your email list and through to a sale.

Welcome to the forum, and if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask :)
James Pruitt,

nm629593
Trust:
jmpruitt wrote:I do a lot of forum marketing myself, and one thing that is a huge problem is people trying to get direct sales from forums. most forum owners don't like it, and they will remove your links, or even ban you for trying.

Instead, it is best to build up your own site, and find forums that allow personal links in signature files and on your personal profile. Rather than going for direct sales, use it as a chance to get to know people and let them know about you.

Forum marketing isn't as much about making a sale as building your reputation, and getting people to trust you. Then, you get them to your site where you get them into your email list and through to a sale.

Welcome to the forum, and if you need any help, don't hesitate to ask :)

Thanks so much for your advice about forum marketing. I've checked out only a couple and there wasn't much activity so I probably will move on to something else. Building my own site seems like a formidable task. Any information and suggestions on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Is it easier than setting up your own website or Squidoo lens?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
It's much easier to set up your own site now than a Squidoo lens. They are very strict now when it comes to what qualifies as a squidoo lens and what does not. You can check their Squidont page and see what Squidoo lens you can still create.

We have lessons on site building that can give you information on how to build a site. You can also look at either Affiloblueprint or Affilojetpack. Both provide training on building websites.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

annabellefrost07
Trust:
smuigal wrote:Keywordluv is an addon for Wordpress. It allows people to comment and have a linkback to their site. It is a do-follow link, which encourages people to comment in exchange for a link back.

A lot like commentluv then? Never tried this - not a lot of blogs allow for this though right?
Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
They are similar in a way. Commentluv places the link to the latest blog post of the reader leaving their comment on your blog. KeywordLuv on the other hand separates the commenter's name from their keywords in their website's URL, so this gives better anchor text. Both helps increase redership and encourages discussion but of course, this can give way to spam so you need to monitor each comment.

Hope that helps. Happy New Year!
Cecille

dann02
Trust:
markling wrote:Nice work - ideally that's where you want to be aiming and you prove it can be done!

Speaking of jobs I came across this interesting story of a homeless blogger who ended up getting a job with Elle magazine. It made me realize that even if we complain were not making any sales, we seem to forget that we can actually be learning valuable skills that can find us work.

Smuigal, very proud of your efforts - you deserve all the success you get, you've worked hard for it. Glad to be part of that.

All the best

Mark

Its good that this homeless guy was not judged as crazy, lazy, or anything like that and ended up getting the job...
Here, I talk about my experiences with affiliate marketing and related topics:
http://blogthingsdot.blogspot.com