ChristmasSignup to View
Home » Affilorama forum » Affiliate Hangout » Help! Header problem.
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Help! Header problem.

asbani
Trust:

Help! Header problem.

No matter what I do or change in the header , it seems like my header is always f'ed up, I don't know why, I have every setting right, then whatever I do change, it doesn't take effect in the website , it always looks horrible like this.

www.childmothercare.com

check my header there, I have my header height and Width to the max ! but it doesn't seem to solve the problem, I'm using affilorama theme by the way.

thats the header image thats in my settings "AffiloTheme -> Header settings" and how i want it to look ; http://www.childmothercare.com/wp-conte ... eader2.png
Last edited by asbani on 30 Nov 12 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

asbani
Trust:
OK I was surfing around, I don't know if thats just me, I think it's either a server related problem, or a theme related problem, because apparentely Mark Ling is having the same issue in his site, he didn't have before, check his Header its also cut from the down side.

http://www.enlightenmentgateway.com/
lyndaj
Trust:
Hi asbani,

Try making the width of the logo 980px.

There's also 25px of padding at the top of the logo so if you can change that to 0 (px) the logo will move up and sit directly under the sticky bar.

If you want it to be perfect and know how to tweak the css you could edit the nav ul to change the top margin from 1px to anything up to about 6px. This will bring the nav bar down and get rid of the small gap that will be left (blue/grey background) at the bottom after the logo is moved up.

As for Mark's site, I'm not seeing anything cut from the side, but I can see that the height of the logo is only 85px. Changing it to about 142px would make it look much better.

Lynda
asbani
Trust:
Thank you for trying to help, I can't change the padding there's no option to it, and I don't know how to edit nav ul yet, but here's the thing, when I change things on header they don't take effect.

as for the height it is 150px set on my Affilotheme header setting
and the width is set to 950px

why the site is showing otherwise, I have no clue, sometimes it dont take effect, sometimes it does, its weird...I also see dark edge to the left of the header whenever it is 950px, check it right now, do you see a dark outset to the left that looks weird?
lyndaj
Trust:
I can see the dark edge asbani, but on the right, not the left. I'm using Chrome Developer Tools to check your site and its showing that the width is set to 965px and height, 142px, not width 950px, height 150px??

When I make the changes I suggested (which you can do with developer tools), the header and everything looks good.

Maybe email support. I'm sure they would be able to help you sort this out. :) I'm in Australia and its 2am so Im off to bed now but will be available tomorrow if you cant resolve this and want some help. Not that I'm an expert, but have been studying web development at college and on holidays at the moment so pleased to help, if I can.
mjcreek57
Trust:
Thanks Guys,
This post really helped me out with my header.
I'm really starting to see the value being an affilorama member!

http://marvincreekonlineproducts.info/film-maker/
info355
Trust:
Header looks good to me now!
UK Print Factory | Making high quality printing affordable
Web: www.ukprintfactory.co.uk | Affiliate program: www.ukprintfactory.co.uk/affiliates

asbani
Trust:
Yep, it's been fixed for a long time now, thank you all.

mjcreek57 Glad that this has helped you :)