Halloween 3 Days Only - Buy Now
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

For a sale

padswe1970
Trust:

For a sale

How many visitors we need for a sale in affiliate marketing. Explain how to do this without spending money.
mattjrichter
Trust:
padswe1970, I am fairly new to Affiliate Marketing about 2 years, though I have been online since 1996. I fully understand how Internet traffic operates. In experiments I have been conducting I have found that Traffic Exchange traffic for example is very low quality traffic yielding only 2 - 5% CTR whereas Organic traffic yields around 25% CTR. Coercing a prospect to click on your Affiliate Link is somewhat esoteric and the number of variables that come into play are almost infinite.

There is no solid number for the amount of visitors required to generate a sale. Ballpark figures that I have read from successful Affiliate Marketers range from 1 in 500 to 1 in 1000. Some claim 1 in 50.
The time honored adage that one must spend money to make money still applies to Affiliate Marketing.

For example a lead is more inclined to make a purchase if the sales page has an EV SSL Certificate (green address bar) than a sales page that does not. Aesthetics is a core factor to consider. Does your sales page appear to be a generic template? or does your sales page have a certain uniqueness that reeks of professionalism?.

Are there spelling mistakes or poorly written copy on your sales page?, does the sales page display correctly across the four major browsers?. I am new to Affiliate Marketing but I fully appreciate the never ending subtleties that can make or break a conversion.
Checkout Bonepig's Picks of the Week | The Latest in High-End Consumer Electronics | Quality Above Quantity | www.bonepig.com

Site Admin
marytordecilla
Trust:
Hi padswe1970,

Although good traffic can bring in more chances of sales conversion, still if you are able to pull out a set of keywords that you can rank on search engines and at the same time really target your market, then with few traffic you may get some sales.

Also, when it comes to generating traffic, what's good about SEO is that you can build traffic without spending a lot. However, this also means that you need to spend a lot of time building backlinks and promoting your website.

Try to focus on quality links like content creation and distribution, social bookmarking, blog commenting, and forum posting. You may also do SMM like Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

Mary
Go to this link to start building your profitable affiliate sites now!
http://www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Web: http://www.affilorama.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/affilorama
Facebook: http://www.affilorama.com/facebook
Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment." ~Sidhhartha Guatama

PremiumMember
jmpruitt
Trust:
The short answer is every visitor to your site is a potential for a sale. However, in general, once you understand conversions, you can average 1-2% of your visitors to sales.

However, most newbies don't see these kind of conversions early on.

It all depends on how you present your offer, and how well you connect with your readers.

Just before reading this, I was actually writing a chapter in a content writing ebook that I am working on about engagement, and driving people to action.

One of the keys to increasing your chances at conversions is to engage your readers on an emotional level.

I started studying human needs psychology several years ago as part of my own personal development, and one thing I have come to realize in marketing is that our job is to help people identify with their emotional needs, and show them through our articles how they can meet those needs.

If you can touch people emotionally, and help them meet their emotional needs, you stand a much better chance at getting sales.

This is usually easy to say, and much more difficult to do. However, by really understanding the needs of your customers, and identifying with them by sharing stories, and talking about how you feel in the situation, then sharing how you overcame the problem yourself, you can lead people into making a purchase much easier.
James Pruitt,

Site Admin
cecille.l
Trust:
This is usually easy to say, and much more difficult to do. However, by really understanding the needs of your customers, and identifying with them by sharing stories, and talking about how you feel in the situation, then sharing how you overcame the problem yourself, you can lead people into making a purchase much easier.

I agree. It's difficult to share something you do not have personally experienced ( unless you're an experienced writer). This is where picking a niche that you have an interest on or have personal experience on comes into play.

Have a good day!
Cecille

Step by step guide to "Penguin-proofed" sites : www.affilorama.com/affiloblueprint

Add us on Google Plus: http://www.affilorama.com/googleplus

mattjrichter
Trust:
jmpruitt, thanks for that very interesting point about connecting on an emotional level with your visitors. As a consumer I find that an emotive solution that is pertinent to my problem or needs really does work with me on a personal level when considering a purchase.
Checkout Bonepig's Picks of the Week | The Latest in High-End Consumer Electronics | Quality Above Quantity | www.bonepig.com

tusharnayak576
Trust:
Affiliate Marketing is a popular method of promoting web businesses in which an affiliate is rewarded for every visitor, subscriber and/or customer provided through his efforts.Merchants who are considering adding an affiliate strategy to their online sales channel should research the different technological solutions available to them. Some types of affiliate management solutions include: standalone software, hosted services, shopping carts with affiliate features, and third party affiliate networks.Affiliate receive commissions for every customer they refer to a merchant who makes a purchase. Usually affiliate marketing is conducted via a venue such as a niche website, where you focus your attention to a certain part of the population, a niche, this could be anything from golf to acne medicine to weight loss.
Last edited by marytordecilla on 11 Dec 12 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link