Halloween 3 Days Only - Buy Now
Home » Affilorama forum » Affiliate Hangout » Amazon Kindle Mastermind Group
Just want to chat? Talk some smack. If it doesn't fit into one of the areas below then you'll be posting here (Note: Please try and find the best section before posting here)

Amazon Kindle Mastermind Group

easyrider
Trust:

Amazon Kindle Mastermind Group

Hi Everyone

The time is now to publish books and reports for the Amazon Kindle (an ebook reader).

This is a golden age that will never be repeated - similar to Affiliate marketing when Mark Ling started in the late 1990s. Right now you can just throw up content and it will sell consistently (as long as it is quality stuff).

It is not like affiliate marketing is now where you can spend months writing quality articles for your websites and hundreds of hours on SEO all for just three sales.

If you are a good writer (or prepared to outsource the writing) you can quickly reach the $100 a day (and beyond) you need to make a decent living online.

At the moment I'm getting fairly heavily into Kindle publishing and have had a reasonable amount of success (I get a nice cheque every month, which I can't yet say the same about Clickbank).

What I want to do is get together a bunch of people who are also currently publishing on Kindle or interested in doing so in the near future. The aim is to share with each other our best ideas and help promote each others' books eg. write reviews etc.

With just a few people who are committed to helping each other we can dominate our categories and make a lot money.

Please send me a private message or reply to this thread if you would like to be considered for this group. But takers (those who only want to take value without offering any in return) need not apply.

Greg
Greg

PremiumMember
romacburke
Trust:
Hi,
I have had some good results with kindle, my problem is I am not very quick at writing, and until I joined AB did not know where to outsource at a good price.
I agree with you there is lots of money to be made from kindle.
Also not sure how to PM on this forum.

David
PremiumMember
jimcoe
Trust:
I also think Greg's idea is excellent!

To do a PM (Personal Message), click on the name of the poster, under their picture. Then click on "Send the user a message", at the upper right.

Watch your "My Account" button for any responses or new messages to you.

_jim coe
aboveandbeneaththesaw
Trust:
I love this idea and have sent a PM.

And I think your post must have good luck written on it, since in the time between reading it and sending my PM, I sold the first copy of my second Kindle book (24 hours after putting it up. What a great feeling that is.
esolutions
Trust:
Consider me in Greg!
List not growing fast enough?
Get More Opt Ins:
http://mattgreener.com/view/arfree

dazzlecat
Trust:
I have heard that Amazon really frowns upon people having their ebooks ghost-written for them. And that if they find out you've done that, they will ban you for life from publishing anything else. Anyone care to comment on that?
Are your arms, hands, or fingers hurting from all the internet marketing you're doing? Learn how to stop the pain before it become debilitating and ends your IM career. http://carpaltunneltreatmentnow.com

aboveandbeneaththesaw
Trust:
Here's a question for the Mastermind group when it forms:

The guidelines on uploading or selling public domain content talks about violating the KDP policy on the basis of the content not being differentiated enough. That makes sense.

However, I wonder about the case of user created content. For instance, let's say I write a book called: How to Hypnotize Schnauzers (all rights reserved! ha ha ha, but with a serious glimmer lurking beneath the laughter ... you never know when I might write such a book!).

Now, this book has a chapter devoted specifically to Schnauzers, but has the same technique-based content as the book I have written on How to Hypnotize German Shepherds, with the word Schnauzer switched out for German Shepherd.

I've read the conditions carefully, but don't see an issue like this covered. As far as I can see, they only mention the notion of differentiated content with respect to using materials from the public domain. The reason I ask is because I can easily see issues like that coming up for many people who would like to repurpose their writing for series of this nature (which often happens in the print world as well, but there decisions aren't made by content sweeping programs that make decisions that humans might not make).

I have a second question formulating about the use of pen names. But rather than ask it, I'll post a few links where I have started to find answers. But I'll be looking for a bulletproof explanation, hopefully from KDP itself, before I upload a particular project under a nom de plume:

http://72.21.206.224/kdpforums/message. ... eID=291181

http://www.warriorforum.com/main-intern ... count.html

http://publishingwithkindle.com/working ... pen-names/

I'll be sharing that bullet proof info here if I find it.
easyrider
Trust:
My understanding is the each book has to be substantially different - it needs to pass the PLR test. You can't just change words here and there and call it a different book, otherwise you risk having your account banned.

Regarding pen names, you just publish under different author names. Each of your pen names can have a different profile and there doesn't not need to be any apparent connection between them.
Greg

aboveandbeneaththesaw
Trust:
Thanks for the response, easyrider.

One of my other questions around this area involves publishing the same book with more than one cover as a promotional device - the way sometimes magazines will have four different covers. I forget which magazine it was, but for X-Man First Class, each of the four or five covers was dedicated to a different character, but the contents were the same in each.

Well, I guess there will be no easy answer to this and experimentation is not fun with such strict banning at stake ... but still an interesting issue to mastermind about, methinks.
PremiumMember
romacburke
Trust:
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question for the mastermind group, how many books do you sell per month?
I will start, I have one book on kindle and I only sell between 25 to 50 books a month.

Roma
aratesic
Trust:
Hi Greg,

I'll send you a PM. I would love to see the Mastermind group and be a part of it. Thanks for the great idea!

Alex
"There are three types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those who can't." -ToonHole comic

easyrider
Trust:
Hey everyone, thanks for your interest. The idea really seems to have taken off and in about a day or two our group is going to start. I have created a private forum for us to talk strategy/tactics and help each other make the most of the Kindle goldrush.

If anyone who is interested hasn't contacted me via private message and given me their external email address, you need to do it now otherwise you are going to miss out. There are at least a couple of you who have expressed interest but who have not done so yet.

Finally, anyone who decides they're interested now, it is not too late. Please get in contact with me ASAP and I will add you to the list.
Greg

xxguestxx
Trust:
A silly question,
Do you have to pay taxes when selling ebooks on kindle? And is it a complicated process?
Thanks.
easyrider
Trust:
Of course you have to pay taxes when selling ebooks on Kindle. And there is paperwork that you have to fill out. But it is the same with any business - including affiliate marketing.
Greg