Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Sending Emails Without Permission

viglapublications
Trust:

Sending Emails Without Permission

If you send e-mails fully according to the laws, but without asking the readers, is there any way to be described as a spammer? Will have the affiliate company a problem with it if you are not using it's name or the names of it's merchants? If so, how could be find you? Will have the hosting company any problem with it??

Thank you!
cecille.l
Trust:
Spam is sending unsolicited information to a group (or large group) of people. By unsolicited, this means that the recipients did not ask for the information.

It doesn't matter if the email you're sending is legal. The very fact you're sending this without the knowledge or the approval of the receiver makes it illegal. It's spam.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

viglapublications
Trust:
Thank you very much! But I want also to answer me to my other questions:
"Will have the affiliate company a problem with it if you are not using it's name or the names of it's merchants? If so, how could be find you? Will have the hosting company any problem with it??"
bizprofits
Trust:
You definitely need to have an "unsubscribe" button, this might help avoid problems
Join the Top Health & Beauty Affiliate Program - Bizprofits.com

viglapublications
Trust:
Yes, yes, I will have it and my address also, sorry for the disturbing, this message satisfies the conditions of European Laws (Directiva 2002/31/CE of European Parliament Relative as A5-270/2001 European Parliament). The only theme is the permission. Many companies send me such messages. So:
"Will have the affiliate company a problem with it if you are not using it's name or the names of it's merchants? If so, how could be find you? Will have the hosting company any problem with it??"
cecille.l
Trust:

Vendors and merchants prohibit affiliates from sending unsolicited emails with links to their products, or contains information about it. If you will be sending newsletters referring back to an article you wrote on your site, then that should be fine.

Most autoresponders prohibit the use of their services for sending spam or unsolicited emails. This can lead to them getting banned in email servers and clients so they make sure that their members do not send out unsolicited emails.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!
Cecille

Building affiliate marketing websites is a breeze: https://www.affilorama.com/affilojetpack
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/affilorama

brad9
Trust:
Even if there is a way to go around and make this technically lawful, it most likely will not be beneficial to a company that wants to do it. In most cases, the person/persons receiving the unwanted email solicitation will automatically mark it as spam (at best) or the will not even see it because their spam filter is so good. I don't see anything in my email that I didn't ask for, and I think that is as it should be. If people want my business they must go through legitimate means to get it.
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
There is a concept called 'safelist marketing'. You can try that. A safelist is a list wherein you would find members that agree to receive emails. Therefore there is no chance of being dubbed a spammer in safelist marketing. Of course in the other types of email marketing you will have to provide the feature of 'opt out' to the recipient. It is as simple as that!
viglapublications
Trust:
Very interesting the safelist marketing. Thank you!
adam.kent
Trust:
viglapublications wrote:Thank you very much! But I want also to answer me to my other questions:

I think what you are asking is whether or not an affiliate company would object to your sending spam emails, if you don't use their name in the email. And, from what I know, every company objects to affiliates using spam practices, even if they are just sending the person to their own website which has links for the affiliate company. And, this is true of Amazon and many other big and small companies.

You will want to take time to build your own opt in email list as these people are completely safe to email and will be much more responsive than someone who has not signed up for your list.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

usman shahzad
Trust:
Hello,

Sending emails commercial or non-commercial is not Spam. But you might be using a IP, SMTPs or Domain that is listed in "Blacklist". People have many problems while sending emails or running a campaign on software (bulk emailing) the most know issue is "Blacklist". As you can see you will find many free service providers on the internet that provide number of email to send out daily for Free. However there is nothing Free in internet marketing. On the other hand you can see that IPs, SMTPs and Domain cost an amount. So that could be provided Free from a company. Mostly of the free service providers give you the account Free and assign you the SMTPs, IPs and Domains that are Blacklist (being used in the past by paid users). After some time when you reveal that the email are being send to the Spam folder or your unable to hit the email Inbox, you can contact the company and they will ask to you purchase the service. Therefore, I personally never advice anyone to waste your time on thing that you’re getting free service. I will recommend you to get something paid and be serious about email marketing (as it's the main aspect to build up your business).

I will suggest you to use "Imailunlimited" as they are the best one in the market of Bulk emailing. You can purchase any of their plans. The most important part of the company is they only have Dedicated SMTPs. IPs and Domain. If you’re using dedicated platform you will never get blacklist or caught by the SPAM cops (that ends the emails in Spam folder). Also you will find many features in there software such as, IP rotation, Domain rotation, Email List splitting and the main point of them all is Live Reports ( Opens + Clicks + Deliveries + Bounces + Blocks).

Thank You!
adam.kent
Trust:
@usman shahzad. Typically, it's considered spam if you send an commercial email for the purpose of selling a product or service to someone who has not requested that information. Or, at least the person receiving the email can report you as spam and if that report reaches your ISP, they can disconnect you from the internet for the actions. It's just best to restrict sending emails to only those who have asked for more info on your products or services. If you are simply emailing a site owner for a request, such as link exchange, then you are likely safe as they have posted their email publicly for such purpose. Though they are not likely to appreciate a commercial offer by email in that situation either.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

mick6
Trust:
You can avoid some of these problems by ensuring that your email list is "opt-in", in very basic terms, the people you are sending to have agreed to receive emails.
As for the affiliate network having a problem with you sending bulk emails, any decent affiliate network which allows email traffic will provide the affiliates with a list of email addresses which they do NOT want you to send emails to (known as a suppression file). You can then use the networks list to "scrub" against your existing list to remove those addresses. If you ignore the suppression file, the network will find out very quickly and you'll find the offer is closed to you immediately and you'll probably also be removed from that network for bad practices.

This topic was started on Jun 06, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.