Looking for some creative inspiration for your promotions? Find and suggest ideas for marketing and building your affiliate campaigns.

Email marketing or Word of mouth - which is better?

kallayprasanth05
Trust:

Email marketing or Word of mouth - which is better?

Marketers tend to say that email marketing is the most strong of the marketing methods. At the same time one cannot deny the fact that word of mouth is equally effective. What are your experiences with word of mouth type of marketing? Do you feel it is better than email marketing?
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
I would see these as 2 very different things with very different purposes.

First, I would rename "word of mouth", "viral marketing".

Viral marketing, is finding a way to market your product so that it will spread by itself. Person A (PA) will tell PB who will tell PC because they either like it very much, or find that sharing it is advantageous to them.

The primary goal of this form of marketing is to get new potential customers (leads).

Email marketing, is creating an email list based on leads/customers you have already obtained. Through your email list efforts you can slowly sell them more product(s) so that you can continue to earn more money from your leads over a longer period of time and not just one potential sales.

The purpose of good email marketing is to retain leads and increase profits earned through them over the long term.

=====================================

It's really not a choice of one or the other, both can work together to obtain different results that together give greater profits.
marketsearch
Trust:
Thats a cool one to spin around. You know if you could build a team of people to help spread via word of mouth I feel you could have an advantage! It would take time to build up of course but still there is nothing like sending an email and within 24 to 48 hours having sales peaking in your accounts
Earn $69.90 Per Commission As An Affiliate Plus Discover How To Get The Traffic Sent For You.... Go to https://theresidualclub.com

kallayprasanth05
Trust:
marketsearch wrote:Thats a cool one to spin around. You know if you could build a team of people to help spread via word of mouth I feel you could have an advantage! It would take time to build up of course but still there is nothing like sending an email and within 24 to 48 hours having sales peaking in your accounts

Your reply sounds very encouraging. Yes, you are right, email marketing may be quick when it comes to producing results.
PremiumMember
matty
Trust:
kallayprasanth05 wrote:
marketsearch wrote:Thats a cool one to spin around. You know if you could build a team of people to help spread via word of mouth I feel you could have an advantage! It would take time to build up of course but still there is nothing like sending an email and within 24 to 48 hours having sales peaking in your accounts

Your reply sounds very encouraging. Yes, you are right, email marketing may be quick when it comes to producing results.

Email marketing can be quick, the list building can take time though.

If you know someone in a related field with a very large list, you could possibly get them to send a message to their list promoting your site. (A fee might help entice them to do so). However, you'd want to make sure they're "related" and not "your actual competition".
brad9
Trust:
I'd say that it depends on your product/service. There are quite a few companies that use word of mouth to their advantage...think Norwex, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc. They are more direct word-of-mouth companies, but their product is something that is easily demonstrated & interacted with in a group of people. If you have a different sort of product or service (something computer related, for instance) word of mouth is still important, but may not be depended upon for new customers/leads.
B]Check Out Our Software Affiliate Program at Boost Affiliates
Now offering $150 bonuses for first 5 sales.
Up to 90% in commissions, Low refund rate (below 5%), chargeback rate at .5%.
http://bit.ly/1j56o5G

johnnysantiago
Trust:
Just like matty posted, I email marketing and word of mouth are completely different strategies, but i wouldn't just focus on just one method and apply both to your marketing repertoireefforts.
thejewel
Trust:
Regardless of what method you will use, both need proper planning and effective strategies.

For viral marketing, you can't just ask people to start talking about your product or company just because. You need to create and produce a concept that would make people start talking about it and it's not that easy. Viral videos are the most effective but again, the concept has to be very different, innovative and original. And sometimes production cost (again, depending on your concept) of a viral video can cost a lot of money.

For email marketing, it takes a lot of time to collate quality email addresses. Sometimes you even have to buy. Once you have your list, you have to plan your strategy. What are you going to talk about? How would your email look like? What would your subject be? It's important for these to be considered. The look of your email should say something about your product or company branding (identity) and the wrong subject could send your email directly to spam folder or worse, trash.

I would work on email marketing first because it would produce quicker results and would easily target my customers. Then if I have a little bit more money, I would produce a good viral video just for publicity's sake.

Hope this is helpful.
usman shahzad
Trust:
Hi,

In my opinion I will recommend email marketing Its really difficult to marketing as speak
I personally use bulk email and found that there is only one way to connect the people and can improve your business I can teach you how to email marketing

1) To scrape your email there are different ways to do that. You can set a newsletter feature on your website to collect email addresses of your customers. Or else you can buy contact list from the internet.

2) To build a good targeted email list is the most important for those who really want to do email marketing (bulk emailing). You can collect email address but to have reports of your list and have the interested recipient out of them would really be a great contact list. However after you have collected your contact list, I will recommend you to use the software "Cleanmyemaillist" do visit their website and filter your contact list to be cleaned up. As it will take all the duplicates out and will provide you all the real address at a side. So you will be aware of those email address that doesn't exists any more. That will also take all the Spam cops away from your list "Highly recommended". Now your contact list is ready and clean :) .

3) Sending emails without SPAM is a big problem. People are really worried about their campaigns but all the bulk emailing service providers are not the same. As the market is grown and people are very interested in email marketing. I myself had really tried many bulk mailers companies but never had for what I really paid for. Al last after searching many companies I found what is real and they are very serious about their customers. Now it been a long time I'm working by using there software. The best part is only dedicated SMTPs, Domains and IPs can stop you from been SPAM. Mostly companies provide Shared stuff which affects the campaign by sending the emails to SPAM folder not to the Inbox. Always bear in mind no body checks SPAM and after 30 days the SPAM email disappears from the SPAM folder. So I always will prefer and suggest taking a platform that is dedicated. I have always found " Imailunlimited " as the best one for me. Also the list cleaning service can be provided by them as the software " Cleanmyemaillist " is there sister website. I will highly recommend them and I must say the features for their software are remarkable.

4) If the above 3 steps will work alright for you definitely you will be earning Cash for yourself.

Thanks for the paid attention.
adam.kent
Trust:
Word of mouth and customer referral/recommendation is a strong driving force in getting new business. If you utilize word of mouth and referral traffic from your current customers to invite their friends to try your service, you are likely to end up with far more business than you can handle.

As for email marketing, it can be used in tandem or combination with word of mouth or referral marketing. To make use of this idea, you would simply create a fun or informational email and then mail it to all your current subscribers and customers and then ask them to forward it to a friend. This makes use of email marketing in a clever new way.
---
Adam Kent - Social Media Manager at http://jarvee.com/

"The best way to predict the future is to create it." - Peter Drucker

pallavi123tech
Trust:
Hi,

currently I'm using Mailchimp , i have some subscribers on my list ......I'm confused of how to use and send the mails to the list...as I have setup and imported the list using my cpanel autoresponder...in the cpanel also I have added the subscribers and setup the autoresponder...how to integrate the mailchimp and the cpanel to send the automated mails to the list present....please clear the doubt.

This topic was started on Mar 15, 2014 and has been closed due to inactivity. If you want to discuss this topic further, please create a new forum topic.